Acquired 95 Pathfinder LE 4x4

Currently having some trouble with my newly installed SFD, after installing the steering linkage the turning is now extremely rough with only being able to turn a quarter steering wheel until it starts binding. It lets up after a little pressure but it happens every bout quarter to half turn. As well, the rear sway bar linkage is not at all long enough, which I didn't even think about, and this is mainly a highway vehicle so I do need a rear sway bar.

Obligatory Picture j5QIUEi.jpg?1

Nice! Looks great!

Have someone turn the wheel for you while you hop under and inspect whats happening. Maybe you might have not clocked the steering rack enough to allow free rotation without binding.

Nice! Looks great!

Have someone turn the wheel for you while you hop under and inspect whats happening. Maybe you might have not clocked the steering rack enough to allow free rotation without binding.

Thank you, Could you elaborate on the clocking aspect, I've never even heard of that.

Looks good. What size tires are those?

They are 32's (255/75R17)

Yep, what TowndawgR50 said. The stud shaft on the rack needs to point upwards a little more than where it's at to lessen the operating angles of the joints. You need a 22mm socket and breaker bar to loosen the two straps that secure it to the subframe, then with steering link loosened (so it can collapse a little), rotate the rack, tighten the straps again (torque spec is 116-37 ft-lbs), and tighten the link.

The stud shaft on the rack needs to point upwards a little more than where it's at to lessen the operating angles of the joints. You need a 22mm socket and breaker bar to loosen the two straps that secure it to the subframe, then with steering link loosened (so it can collapse a little), rotate the rack, tighten the straps again (torque spec is 116-37 ft-lbs), and tighten the link.

Wealth of knowledge as usual. Hawairish is a super valuable resource for information to the R50 community and those directions with an alignment should get you all squared away.

Your rig looks really good. Love the setup.

The rack needs to be rotated a bit to reduce the angle on the u joint.

Yep, what TowndawgR50 said. The stud shaft on the rack needs to point upwards a little more than where it's at to lessen the operating angles of the joints. You need a 22mm socket and breaker bar to loosen the two straps that secure it to the subframe, then with steering link loosened (so it can collapse a little), rotate the rack, tighten the straps again (torque spec is 116-37 ft-lbs), and tighten the link.

Thank you very much for the help, a wealth of information as always you two are!

Years ago my dad was given the 95 Pathfinder that needs a water pump. After replacing the water pump and timing components we put it on a trailer and up it went to Northern Ga. I will be doing the same and sending it south to me and have a few items that I will need to sort out.

Speedo not working (replaced speed sensor but still not working. May pick up a used cluster and heck then).

Tranny issue (when cold you have to drive in 2 or low. After a mile it will shift fine in D. Otherwise it will slip. Will drain fluid, change filter and add cooler).

Factory Alarm (not sure if it has one but will do research on Vin and check)

Change Fluids (aside from engine oil and tranny will do both diff's and transfer case)

Will plan on adding some wheels and perhaps a small lift and suspension. Plans are for this to be a weekend family hauler with some light off roading. I have a company car and have a daughter going into high school so she will take my G37 sedan. Plan on getting the Pathy towed down sometime in the summer so will post pics then.

If anyone has suggestions on the issues I mentioned please chime in!

Thank you!