95 pathfinder summer project

95redpath

I have a 95 pathfinder that iv started working on as a project, wanting it to be a daily driver but also fairly capable offroad. I started off with the vg33e swap stripped it down and rebuilt it. Headers, air intake and new exhaust for suspension I did the 2.5in superlift uca's and 3 inch coils in the back the front with be built with polyurethane bushings and all moog parts and bilstein steering upgrade package, and bilstein 1500 shocks or 4600 I haven't decided, also a aftermarket transmission cooler and inline filter.threw on some warn hubs and will be doing a arb rear air locker. I would like to rebuild the transfer case or at least clean it up a bit same with rear axle but can't find a rebuild kit for either, and am thinking of doing a lsd in the front. This is my first pathfinder and would like some input and ideas for this project.

• Like 1

Sounds like you've got your shopping list down! Don't forget to beef up the steering after lifting it.

Rebuilding the rear end and transfer case aren't generally required. Unless something's leaking, or you find a problem in the rear end when you open it up, or you want to put deeper gears in the transfer, I'd just change the fluids and call it good. Sounds like the LSD for the front is getting harder to find, but there is a ratcheting locker available for it.

Yes, definitely can't forget about that from what I have read the steering will not hold up. I just purchased a bilstein steering package from 4x4parts.com and have looked into the grassroots center link but that was mostly talked about in older forums. I am concerned I will have to do some transmission work it was acting up on me before I started the project but I flushed it and put a new filter on but hasn't been driven yet.

Iv also had a few concerns with the cv axles with the lift, iv read lots of different things from ppl saying 2 inches of lift won't affect them much and others sat they have had them bind with only 2 inches I guess there are multiple variables to consider

I have 3" of lift and have never had an issue with the CV axles. I run 33" tires and a little common sense on the trails (don't let the tires spin to 50mph and then grab traction). I replaced the originals 5 years ago due to torn boots but that is it. I would not worry about it.

• Like 1

Decided to go with Rancho s9000 shocks instead, just ordered them today, my bilstein steering package and 3 inch coils just arrived in the mail still waiting for all my bushings and moog center link, if it goes out to fast I'm going to get the calmini steering package. Also lookinginto a electric cooling fan. Looking into a 2 inch body lift as well it definitely turning into a decent project.

Been reading around on different subjects, been thinking of swapping my 95 pathfinder ecu with a m30 have seen lots of information on this but it's all fragments from different sources anyone have tips or suggestions on this?

• 2 weeks later...

What's the yellow sticker on the right valve cover? Looks like a Ferrari emblem.

Edited by Citron

It's just the pacesetter logo, I was kinda on a budget so I went with the cheaper headers, some say they are worthless some say they are ok, so I guess I'll find out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ya they are the correct fit and it's the Oregon coast so we get surface rust, but iv never seen a vehicle around here that was horrible with rust

If I remember correctly the headers were like 230$ not positive. And it's heat wrap.

It runs great and is very responsive. But after letting it sit and run for a while there is a small oil leak coming from the front of the motor somewhere :( have to figure out where from

I hope it's a simple fix, I was wanting to finish the engine and all that before starting the suspension so I have a nice build up of parts sitting around

Had my buddy take a look at it with me, conclusion is we have to reseal the oil pump to the block

• 3 weeks later...

Got the finder up and running, looking pretty good now it's time to do the suspension and all the other stuff 836a5907b12914bac75347fd264cf201.jpg

• Like 1

Have some electrical problems going on, the tac is going crazy, gas gauge not working and check engine light came on...also after the swap it been really rough starting it idles fine and runs good.

• 2 weeks later...