Nissan Terrano questions

erathge

Hey Guys, haven't been on the forum in years, glad to see people are still modding R50's.

I owned a 2000 Pathfinder for 6 years and it treated me very well, sold it three years ago with around 350,000 kms on it running strong.

Fast forward... My girlfriend is looking for a reliable AWD or 4x4 and I have come across a 1999 Nissan Terrano diesel with less than 150,000kms. How reliable are the Nissan Diesels? I know almost everything there is to know about the body/suspension/drivetrain etc. on these trucks but I am specifically wondering if the Diesel engines are reliable and/or expensive to fix and how many kilometers one could expect. Also, I have no experience with these automatic transmissions so maybe someone could comment on the reliability of those. Also, how are the strut tower recalls holding up for those who had the repair done years ago?

Thanks!

We have almost all the terrano with diesel engines in Russia. QD32 and TD27, engines are very reliable. Demanding the quality of fuel. The most popular and expensive. If the engine is functional, the fuel consumption is less than that of a gasoline engine. With a diesel engine, it is not terrible to overcome a deep pond; Gas distribution system on the chain. And td27 on the gears. Diesel engine on the terrano does not like high speeds, but very strong off-road.

Beware of the ZD30 engines which tend to crap themselves and cost a fortune to fix.

TD27 and QD32 engines are the preferred ones here in New Zealand.