Looks like my 1993 is done for

crab

white smoke pouring out the tailpipe. I didn't see a lot of action on the vehicles for sale section; is it worth trying? Rather one of you got it than Craiglist, if possible.

You might try one of the head gasket sealant products. If you are ready to toss the car, seems like you've got nothing to lose.

Unfortunately (operational) WD21s are getting harder to find these days :/ . Perhaps consider just doing the head gasket job or buying a JDM engine and swapping out? Low mileage JDMs are reasonably cheap and probably a better bet than buying another high mileage WD21. GL

If it is only a head gasket, that isn't that big of a deal. Head gaskets are pretty simple. Cracked head, that's a different story. Unless it has been abused, it is probably only a gasket.

• Like 1

New work and parts in early 2016:

new timing belt, cam seals and water pump

new Oxygen sensor

new fuel filter

Cleaned EGR valve

Cleaned MAF sensor

New PCV valve

New Idle air control valve

6 new injectors

New plugs, wires, cap, rotor and coil

Replaced about 20 hoses

repack front bearings and hubs

new radiator

new thermostat

new headlight/cruise control switch

replaced one front fender

replaced master window regulator

replaced rear glass struts

replaced rear door struts

New stereo / speakers

added 12v power outlets to dash

ran 12v power to center console on a new circuit

added a Marine fuse box for extra circuits

new battery

new 235/75 15 General Grabber IIs

Also did new front rotors, calipers and pads.

Driver door sags badly. Body shop said top hinge needs to be removed and new piece welded in where the top hinge bolts on.

thanks for the ideas. I'm going on vacation and need to sort this out My mechanic friend says not to use the head gasket sealant stuff. It mostly likely wont work and Ill be leaving a mess for whoever wants to fix it after me.

The rig just needs more and more and more $.

I agree with your mechanic on the head gasket sealer. Same with radiator stop leak. They both can plug small passages in your engine, especially if those passages already have a reduced diameter due to crud. They work just like blood platelets sealing a cut. They are indiscriminate in what they plug.

Head gaskets are relatively easy to replace. While in there, go ahead and replace valve seals, etc. I picked up a full top-end gasket and seal kit for fairly cheap. Didn't use everything but it was good to have those gaskets that get damaged when pulling the top off the engine.

Did you do all the above work yourself or have someone do it? If you did it yourself it looks like you definitely have the skills to take on the head gasket. If you hired someone to do all this your probably broke. But if your up to the task Rockauto has a full top end gasket set for under 100.

My buddy and I did all the engine work, with him instructing and me learning. I did the rest. I can't bother him anymore. I already owe him several days of body and paint work on his mustang in exchange.

My buddy and I did all the engine work, with him instructing and me learning. I did the rest. I can't bother him anymore. I already owe him several days of body and paint work on his mustang in exchange.

Further IOUs in my opinion are worth it for further knowledge and experience. Just my 2 cents.