40mm lift - anything I should consider?

beachbum101

Hi all, I just installed a 40mm lift (tough dog - its an aussie brand) that was 4 shocks and two rear coils. I considered re-indexing the torsion bars but decided to just crank them because it wasn't a huge lift (about 1.4 inches) and it seems to be happy there. I was just wondering about a few things, like the effect on the upper and lower ball joints and if the front on the vehicle normally sits a bit lower than the rear? Also the amount of distance i should have between the bumpstops in the front?

Sorry about asking all the questions, I just want to make sure i have all the right info

Cheers, Jack :)

If you're running stock UCA's it will wear the ball joints a little faster. I'd recommend ordering the Superlift UCA's, as the correct the upper ball joint angle. Normally the rear sits a little higher than the front, so when you load up the back or hook onto a trailer, you're not looking up at the sky. Helps improve steering when loaded, and keeps your headlights on the road. As far as the bumpstops, just make sure you are not riding on them all the time. Ride quality goes to s#it.

Edited by RIPB.88

My '95 was a daily driver for 8 years with 1.5" lift coils, t-bar crank, Superlift UCAs and 32" MT/Rs. I didn't notice any excessive suspension wear. I added the steering stabilizer, but I don't know if it really helped.

• 1 month later...

You are in good hands....

So, consider if you do any towing, heavy hauling, there are quality airbags that go inside the rear coil springs and can be set to 0-15 lbs (IIRC). Point is, install the super lift arms (they are good, I have them too), install the rear bags (of you haul/tow), inflate the rear as appropriate, adjust the front with in it's bounds, then have it aligned. I think you get the point.

You should be good from there...

B