Stores stocking parts

Pathy87

Am I the only one who goes to NAPA, O-Reilly's or Autozone and find that they all don't really carry parts for my 87 Pathfinder?! I mean, all I needed was a rear brake cylinder, a common, small, cheap part and EVERYONE says, "Sorry, no stores have it in stock, but I can have it here tomorrow". How many thousands of these things are still on the road, and you don't carry parts in stock?! Guess I need to realize that my truck is 30 years old and I need to keep a spare car around for when I need to order the smallest common part :angry:

- Rant over

I had this issue 10 years ago with my 95 wd21. It was only 12 years old then. There were tons of them around still, but no stock.

Maybe it's because they're not like crappy domestics and don't need to have tons of parts replaced :D

• Like 2

I've found it depends on location. When I was working on mine when I got it in Colorado. Most stuff was on hand at the hub store. Here in MN almost every part is a day out. I've just gotten used to getting everything I think I need in advance and returning what a don't use, or replacing it anyway because it's got almost 270k miles on it.

• Like 1

Try getting parts for an 80s Subaru they are near impossible to find wear parts like brushing that's why me and my wife both drive wd21s now you can still get ware part easily

• Like 1

I've had pretty good luck in my area. Uncommon parts usually have to be ordered, but between Oriellys and NAPA, I can usually get what I need that day. I did learn to figure out which is Oriellys hub store for the area, and they seem to usually have it.

• Like 1

I've had pretty good luck in my area. Uncommon parts usually have to be ordered, but between Oriellys and NAPA, I can usually get what I need that day. I did learn to figure out which is Oriellys hub store for the area, and they seem to usually have it.

Good to hear! Yea my "hub" store is about an hour away, which could be worse I guess, but NAPA, O Reillys and AutoZone are all roughly 3 minutes away from my house. I couldn't believe they didn't even have my brake shoes. RockAuto sent me an email with blow out close out priced items, mostly brake items! so I got new shoes for $7, hardware kit for $3, and another new rear wheel cylinder for $3. Just waiting until Friday to get them!

I get a commercial discount a the local parts place here, and they can usually get things same day (a few hours wait) or the day after. The same store, which is a national chain, used to be MUCH worse. But the corporation bought all the franchises back and overhauled it. I used to have to wait days for a set of wd21 brake pads. Now they're much closer.

• Like 1