Blacked out the Lego's on my 1992 SE Auto

Macrow

Couple pics of the 92 after I blacked out the Lego's, Installed Warn Premium Manual Locking Hubs, Installed new Torsion Bars, Rear Springs, Upper Control Arms, Front & Rear Shocks Replaced with Rancho 9000XL's, got my external transmission cooler mounted just need to run the new lines to it, need to install my ARB Differential Breather Kit & run new lines to it.

Also trying to decide on the best place to mount my Widow Maker & best way to Secure it in place. Wanting to go with a SAS but for now looking at options for steering stabilizer & seeing how to install it. Right now I have a steering Stabilizer Kit from 4x4auto with Rancho 7000MT Series 7402 Shock which came with truck when I bought it not yet installed. However it didn't have any paperwork showing how to install this & I haven't done one before. I went on Rancho's site & it says the 7402 isn't compatible with my 1992 Pathfinder & on the 4x4auto site that with the kit it will work so I am not sure what to go by for this or if I should just look into a different option & steering stabilizer instead since right now SAS isn't in the budget.

855f990d-cc3c-4bae-a889-1e714e7c4b7e_zps

dcf7ceea-9e5e-470f-90ce-23fc64dc24a6_zps

• Like 2

Hey we have the same snorkel! I've yet to test mine but how is yours holding up? Any difference in engine performance?

Have you found center caps for the legos?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hey we have the same snorkel! I've yet to test mine but how is yours holding up? Any difference in engine performance?

Have you found center caps for the legos?

Nice! I honestly haven't tested mine out yet either & need to hook it back up rest of the way again too still wondering if it needs some sort of filter in it too which didn't come with one but kinda curious on that though & wanting to go test it out soon.

I have 3 center caps for them but I think I like them better without the center caps personally.

Mine had a tendency to pop off when offroading due to branches and sticks. It took me forever to find them and after one popped off I left them home so I wouldn't lose them. I just happened to find them in an out of the way junkyard and paid $1 per since it was near closing time.

Your normal air filter should be perfectly fine for the snorkel. I'd think a filter at the inlet would cause too much restriction and a loss in performance.

Mine had a tendency to pop off when offroading due to branches and sticks. It took me forever to find them and after one popped off I left them home so I wouldn't lose them. I just happened to find them in an out of the way junkyard and paid $1 per since it was near closing time.

Your normal air filter should be perfectly fine for the snorkel. I'd think a filter at the inlet would cause too much restriction and a loss in performance.

That makes sense but I was under the impression that you had to lose the air filter box when it was hooked up at least that's what the PO told me when I bought the pathfinder. So how do you run it with the box still connected?

Well I'm TBI so it's much easier to connect the snorkel. But with the air box being right there by the fender you run tubing from the big hole on the front lower side to the snorkel. I'm assuming you didn't receive it but there's a reducer that goes from the snorkel hose down to I think 2.5 inches. Maybe back little bigger or smaller. I think I still have mine somewhere. But you definitely don't want to run it without an air filter for obvious reasons.

Right no doubt on that & I will have to check & see what else there is in the bag of parts for the snorkel & see if that reducer is in it too I know there was a clamp for the tube but don't recall what else was in it.

I've been looking for the reducer that came with my snorkel but I haven't been able to find it yet. I'm pretty sure it steps down from 3 inches to I wanna say 2 inches? If you type in d21 snorkel on ebay you'll find the one I went with and it shows it fairly well in the picture for the listing.

These snorkels were originally for the diesels but flow enough air for pretty much all of the d21/wd21 engines. I noticed no difference in mine once it was totally sealed other than the whistle from the throttle body traveling up the tubing.

I've been looking for the reducer that came with my snorkel but I haven't been able to find it yet. I'm pretty sure it steps down from 3 inches to I wanna say 2 inches? If you type in d21 snorkel on ebay you'll find the one I went with and it shows it fairly well in the picture for the listing.

These snorkels were originally for the diesels but flow enough air for pretty much all of the d21/wd21 engines. I noticed no difference in mine once it was totally sealed other than the whistle from the throttle body traveling up the tubing.

I found the reducer in my box of parts that I got from PO which was good to see it was in them so just got it installed the rest of the way this past weekend. Haven't noticed to much of a difference yet with it except for that whistling noise coming from it.

The whistle isn't too bad on mine unless your ear is right next to the intake on the snorkel. But I'm glad to hear you've got it installed the rest of the way

• Like 1

Couple pics of the 92 after I blacked out the Lego's, Installed Warn Premium Manual Locking Hubs, Installed new Torsion Bars, Rear Springs, Upper Control Arms, Front & Rear Shocks Replaced with Rancho 9000XL's, got my external transmission cooler mounted just need to run the new lines to it, need to install my ARB Differential Breather Kit & run new lines to it.

Also trying to decide on the best place to mount my Widow Maker & best way to Secure it in place. Wanting to go with a SAS but for now looking at options for steering stabilizer & seeing how to install it. Right now I have a steering Stabilizer Kit from 4x4auto with Rancho 7000MT Series 7402 Shock which came with truck when I bought it not yet installed. However it didn't have any paperwork showing how to install this & I haven't done one before. I went on Rancho's site & it says the 7402 isn't compatible with my 1992 Pathfinder & on the 4x4auto site that with the kit it will work so I am not sure what to go by for this or if I should just look into a different option & steering stabilizer instead since right now SAS isn't in the budget.

855f990d-cc3c-4bae-a889-1e714e7c4b7e_zps

dcf7ceea-9e5e-470f-90ce-23fc64dc24a6_zps

I like all the choices and things you have done to your Nissan. Great looking and solid rig you have! I have a 92 as well but mine is completely stock now. How or does the Warn Premium Manual Locking Hubs change things and what is their advantage?

Thanks.

I like all the choices and things you have done to your Nissan. Great looking and solid rig you have! I have a 92 as well but mine is completely stock now. How or does the Warn Premium Manual Locking Hubs change things and what is their advantage?

Thanks.

Thank you! I love having the Warn Manual Locking hubs on it makes a world of difference in my opinion personally only thing is you just have to get in & out to lock them in place but not like that is a big deal to do though. Plus this way you know you are locked in & that you are unlocked when getting in & out of 4WD where as I believe with the Auto's they are always locked in place if I remember right. Also would recommend getting longer bolts with lock washers added on to keep bolts locked in place because they seem to come loose on a lot of people. I didn't think I had that problem with mine until after driving it for a lot of miles & ended up having a couple come rather loose & ended up loosing one completely too. So seems like that is common issue there. Other then that IIn my opinion hands down best thing I did was get rid of the Automatic Hubs for the Warns.

• Like 1

The auto hubs are nice for a street driven truck that you use in the winter, no getting out in the cold to lock them. If you wheel a lot, the manual hubs are 1000X better. No more unlocking when trying to rock the truck, or having it slam into 4wd when the hubs decide to lock. Plus no one ever lubed them right so in the cold they would stick and not disengage.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

About the snorkel I'm looking at one similar on amazon but I really the ram air look better do you think you could cut it to turn it into a more traditional style snorkel or would that be mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About the snorkel I'm looking at one similar on amazon but I really the ram air look better do you think you could cut it to turn it into a more traditional style snorkel or would that be mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally wouldn't cut it but I can't say I know anyone who has cut one either I'm sure it may have been done I just haven't heard of one though.I would say look for one in that type of style or possible put one together on your own to the style you like. That's just my personal opinion though there may be someone else here in the forums that knows better then me or has some input on your question. I would also type in the search section see if you can find anything there if not maybe start up a topic & see what the others have to say as well. They always have some good input & are very helpful & knowledgeable. If you do decide to cut it let me know how it goes & what you think about it. Sorry I couldn't be of better help on your question for you.

• Like 1