Armada swap

Lvlooney

Does anyone know if you can swap the Armada suspension on to the R51? I know that it is wider. Im looking for a longer travel suspension with out the big headaches of to much fab work. Any input will be appreciated.

Probably, though it's been termed "Titan Swap" or "T-Swap" around the Nissan community (the Titan and Armada share front suspensions). A few guys I wheel with (including a heavily modified R51) have done the swap, though I think there's some caveat to the R51 specifically. The basic concept is to use the upper and lower control arms, struts, CVs and front diff (or not, if 2WD) on 05+ Frontier, Xterra, Pathfinder for more travel and a wider stance. My understanding is that it's entirely bolt-on, too.

As for the R51, I say there's a caveat because the guy I know has a very custom UCA setup...which means he either did because he can (he does weld), or because he needed to. I believe the primary concern is the UCA striking the top of the strut/coil bucket and cracking (yes, cracking) the steel during travel. Don't recall if it was specifically from using the Titan UCA, or just an aftermarket one.

Talk to the guys at http://www.azxterraclub.com/forum. "Thundertrooper" (Vic) is the guy with the R51, but seemingly everyone there knows about, or has done, the T-Swap already. And since you're in NV, this group does an annual run called CANVAZ (CA, NV, AZ); it's being hosted in AZ in Oct.