Moving To New Servers!
Members interested in helping test the new NPORA server platform, please contact RedPath88 via PM or email for further information.

Thank you,
-NPORA

Photo

Intermediate parking brake cables (L & R)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   elko88

elko88

NPORA Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 02:48 PM
  • Model:SE
  • Year:1988

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

Does anyone have a suggestion on the best place to purchase the intermediate cables for the parking brake (the left and right ones at the rear wheels)?

#2 OFFLINE   Steve_RI

Steve_RI

NPORA Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Local time: 05:48 PM
  • Year:1992

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:25 AM

Passenger side is very tough to find, but there was a thread recently in the 90-95 forum of a potential source on Ebay.  

#3 OFFLINE   V8path

V8path

NPORA Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Local time: 02:48 PM
  • Year:1988

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:34 AM

These non common parts are getting pretty scarce.

Unless you get lucky with a dealer that has one left over, my suggestion would be to fabricate one with universal parts.

Are your rear's drum or disc.

I have the discs, and when the time comes to replace the calipers, my plan is to swap in a set D154 Chevy calipers.  The mounting hole centers are within 1/16" so there might have to be a bit of filing to elongate the mounting holes.  I'll report back (as to other alignment or fitment issues) when its time for me to do this.    

The D154 comes with and without a parking brake built in, so when looking at these, make sure you get the right one.   With these, the use of something like the Lokar universal e-brake cable system (and there are others out there) can be used.

Hopes this helps. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to NPORA Forums

Please REGISTER to gain full access to the forum.

Make sure you read the Forum Guidelines and don't forget to post a new intro in the New People Start Here! section, to say hi too everyone.

-NPORA