New here

Tro1ka

Hey guys I've got a Nissan Pathfinder 2004 I'm 19 my dad gave me this car as a high school graduation gift and I've completely fallen in love with it. I lived in New York until not long ago, I recently moved to Florida, borderline Georgia. And ever since I got here I knew I had to lift my car one way or another. Sadly I still haven't been able to do it but I'm going to change the suspension soon because it is sagging I ordered old man emu springs but the problem I've come across is the fact that I don't know what shocks to order, also I want to add the 2 inch lift kit that sf creations sells. What do you guys recommend?

First Welcome!

Assuming the OME Shocks are 1.75-2" lift, with the setup plan described, it will have very similar stance as my R50. You can see pics of it on my build thread or Random pic thread.

I'm running Rancho RS5000 shocks/struts personally.

Some complain about the rigid ride with these, but I honestly haven't noticed too much of a difference.

I plan to add 1-1.5" of lift to the back due to rubbing when flexing. This ought to clear the fender just enough with the current offset of the wheels in running.

Good luck on your plans!

• Like 1

Welcome! I would not suggest doing an OME lift and 2" sfcreation lift; it will put too much strain on your CV axles in the front. It'll also be a PITA to align (by the way, don't forget to buy camber bolts; you'll need 'em). In the rear it would be fine, but in the front you'd be much safer only running a 1" spacer in addition to the OME springs up front. You mention shocks, but not struts; are you not planning to replace them? It's OK if you're not, just looking for clarification. Right now I have the sfcreation 2" spacer lift up front and 2" sfcreation rear with OME coils, but I plan on getting OME coils for the front and removing one of the spacers. I am running stock shocks and struts to no ill effect so far, but I do intend to get new rear shocks. When you do so, make sure to get a longer rear brake line (I can find the part number if you're interested; I have it somewhere) so you don't overextend it. These shocks seem very popular and are the ones that I intend to get:

http://www.4x4parts.com/i-18981408-pathfinder-5100-series-bilstein-rear-shock.html

I'm 18 and enjoy my R50 too, again, welcome! I'm sure you'll find this to be a great community to belong to. :aok:

By the way, you accidentally posted this thread 5 times. No worries, it happens all the time. I'm guessing you're on mobile? When posting on mobile it may not look like you've posted when you really have. Just reload it and it should pop up.

• Like 1

By the way, you accidentally posted this thread 5 times. No worries, it happens all the time. I'm guessing you're on mobile? When posting on mobile it may not look like you've posted when you really have. Just reload it and it should pop up.

It's tapatalk, it shows an error and natural instint is to re-submit when a refresh is all that's necessary. I removed the 4 duplicates.
  • Like 2

Welcome! I would not suggest doing an OME lift and 2" sfcreation lift; it will put too much strain on your CV axles in the front. It'll also be a PITA to align (by the way, don't forget to buy camber bolts; you'll need 'em). In the rear it would be fine, but in the front you'd be much safer only running a 1" spacer in addition to the OME springs up front. You mention shocks, but not struts; are you not planning to replace them? It's OK if you're not, just looking for clarification. Right now I have the sfcreation 2" spacer lift up front and 2" sfcreation rear with OME coils, but I plan on getting OME coils for the front and removing one of the spacers. I am running stock shocks and struts to no ill effect so far, but I do intend to get new rear shocks. When you do so, make sure to get a longer rear brake line (I can find the part number if you're interested; I have it somewhere) so you don't overextend it. These shocks seem very popular and are the ones that I intend to get:

http://www.4x4parts.com/i-18981408-pathfinder-5100-series-bilstein-rear-shock.html

I'm 18 and enjoy my R50 too, again, welcome! I'm sure you'll find this to be a great community to belong to. :aok:

Yeah man that sounds great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can you explain to me what thy are for and why I Gould get them?

They replace the factory front drive hubs which are engaged 100% of the time. Manual hubs allow you, when in 2wd, to disengage the front half of the drivetrain from the front wheels, therefore allowing the parts to receive less wear and to yield an increase in gas mileage. You just have to remember to re-engage them before switching into 4wd or Auto. The best ones are Warn.

https://www.amazon.com/WARN-29091-Premium-Manual-Hubs/dp/B000CQDPIQ

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, welcome to the forum! I'm also in Florida, Jacksonville to be specific, and I'm running rancho RS5000 like 03Troutfinder, no complaints. I'd recommend replacing the struts as well as the shocks, I just dropped in a set of monroes up front and a 2.5" spacer all the way around. I'm RWD so I have no concern for CVs, but you might have issues if you keep going higher. My advice is just do the coils first and test it out, unless you're doing some hardcore stuff you probably wont need to go higher. Warn hubs will help reduce front drivetrain wear, or you could just go SAS lol. Welcome to Florida and the wonderful world of R50s, cheers!

• Like 1