Charging Issue

maddmark1981

You say the power window is slow, also you mentioned you heard a noise near the door and you hit it and it came good. I suspect your power window motor is the culprit. It might be the switch is constantly on and that is the source of the battery drain.

Take the door panel off, feel the window motor. If it feels warm then yeah it's still on. You might even hear a whir sound coming from there with the truck running. Same thing happened with mine, I had an auto electrician rig up a relay he installed in the lower kick panel so the switch would operate off the relay instead of draining the battery.

• Like 1

Yes, what RIP.88 said. Also, As mentioned before, you could have a bad ground diode in the rectifier that would kill the battery when you're not driving it. In the past month since this thread has started, that bad ground diode may have compromised your voltage regulator and other things. I Highly recommend taking it off to get bench tested. Also, a 70 amp alternator is more than adequate for most models unless you've upgraded the interior to heated seats and steering wheel and 8Tw flood lights. If that's the case, then Yes, a larger alternator would be ideal.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone out there could help I'd appreciate it. All power sources are now bored. Power windows, locks, mirrors, wipers, dash lights, heater and AC . My passenger door is stuck locked and cant get it open. I checked the fuses on drivers side under dash and all are good. I'm at a loss here

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Sounds like the fusible links connected to the battery. Have you checked all the relays? Checked all the fuses with a multimeter?

No I have not.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk