VQ35 excess oil consumption - Is it terminal?

I have a 2004 se r50 with a 5 speed. It's done the exact same thing since I bought it over 3 years ago. I bought it knowing about the oil consumption at 170, 000 km because I was planning an engine build for it. It now has almost 270, 000. I drive it hard with over sized tires and it has seen 4 canadian mountain winters. since I have the new engine ready to go and need an excuse to do the swap, I've even stopped topping it off (except before road trips). Still runs like a champ! The thing can't be killed!

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

I was researching this further to figure out what o-rings I needed to buy, and how hard it realistically would be. I couldn't even find the oil cooler under my truck this afternoon while changing the oil. My undercarriage on the passenger side of the engine is fairly soaked with oil.

This is the link that Blindaviator originally linked to.

http://www.nissanforums.com/pathfinder/142468-2001-pathfinder-odd-oil-leak-pics.html

On post #10 I found this screen shot from the service manual. It seems to indicate that manual transmission Pathfinders didn't have the oil cooler?

qRUo0wQ.jpg

But the manuals still use excessive oil...

Definitely. Mine used very little, maybe a half quart per 5000 miles until about 2 years ago. I recently got a leaky valve cover redone. Something is still leaking, but I can't tell what. Next week I plan to take it to another mechanic to see if they can figure out.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk