Question about keys.. 1990

Bdawg

I thought it was a stretch. My power door lock switch works to unlock the doors but it won't lock the doors. Do I need a new switch? Also does the switch light up when lights are on?

The switch doesn't light up. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the switch, especially given how much crap drops down into that panel. If you manually lock the driver's or passenger's front door, do the rest of the locks lock automatically? If they do, I'd lay money on the switch. If not, I wouldn't rule the switch out, but I'd be more suspicious of whatever module controls the door locks. (That's not a part of the service manual I've had to dig into yet.)

If I unlock the doors without switch all doors unlock If I lock the doors without the switch only the door I'm at locks

Hmm. Does sound like a fault in the door lock timer, unless the design changed between your '90 and my '93. I lock either front door by pushing the knob down and the rest of the doors lock at the same time. The solder joints in that timer are apparently a common issue. It's in the passenger's rear fender, accessible by pulling out the trim around that rear hatch latch and then the lower plastic side panel. Little box, grey IIRC, should have a sticker on it that says door lock timer.