Clutch Upgrade- Questions

Anybody upgrade to any of the Centerforce clutches sold on 4x4parts? Anyone heard anything about how they run and last? I'm pretty sure my throwout bearing is toast, and now that I'm running significantly larger tires on a clutch of unknown mileage I kind of figure I should just get in there and do it all at once. I also want to do some power adding mods at some point as well, so there is that to consider. I'm looking specifically at the Dual Friction clutch (http://www.4x4parts.com/i-18980333-pathfinder-centerforce-dual-friction-clutch.html). Basically the more I modify my pathfinder the more I want to do and the further I want to go with it, so I wouldn't want to spend money on a clutch (or any other large component for that matter!) and have it become a limiting factor down the road. As always I am all ears to all suggestions, and always eager to learn something or about something I am lacking knowledge in. TIA!

• 1 month later...

Factory for me works just fine on my 97. Not that many standards out there so less info. A bigger badder clutch does not help that much, you are not going to add that much power. I had mine done about 4 years ago, no issues I do around 5 to 6000km on FSR's a year with no problems.

I would suggest changing out the gear oil every few years and checking for metal, but beyond that they just seem to keep going.

I spoke with my mechanic 1st - ex nissan guy he saw no real benefit to aftermarket clutches - but I am largely stock

Factory for me works just fine on my 97. Not that many standards out there so less info. A bigger badder clutch does not help that much, you are not going to add that much power. I had mine done about 4 years ago, no issues I do around 5 to 6000km on FSR's a year with no problems.

I would suggest changing out the gear oil every few years and checking for metal, but beyond that they just seem to keep going.

I spoke with my mechanic 1st - ex nissan guy he saw no real benefit to aftermarket clutches - but I am largely stock

I'm pretty well set on trying my hand at turboing my pathy next winter. I will probably start ordering parts this summer, and maybe start chipping away as they come in. So yes, the plan is to squeeze a fair amount more power out of it. Plus I am running 35s, they will be hard on the clutch when offroading regardless of the power being put out.

I can't believe no one has tried one of these clutches.

What did you end up going with

I'm looking into clutches myself so when the time come I have already done the research

I ordered a centerforce II. Still waiting on it to come in. Hopefully it will reach me by next week and I can have it installed.