Is this button stock?

Backpacker

Never seen on there, does not flow with the design of other buttons.

Push button start in place of a failed ignition switch? My brother once had a Maverick that was wired like that, but the switch was under the drivers seat, near the door.

Aftermarket alarm bypass button? If the trans is manual perhaps it's a replacement for the interlock switch... assuming that it failed. Not sure why they would relocate it there, but :shrug:

Looks to me like an over ride button for an engine kill switch. I have a button like that on my '95 Maxima that came with an engine kill installed by the Nissan dealer.

Basically, if you don't have the special key to disarm the engine kill you can press that button and it will over ride the system and let you start the truck without the key.

Edited by Pav

Looks to me like an over ride button for an engine kill switch. I have a button like that on my '95 Maxima that came with an engine kill installed by the Nissan dealer.

Basically, if you don't have the special key to disarm the engine kill you can press that button and it will over ride the system and let you start the truck without the key.

My ignition is all kinds of weird. Any key will start it, and weird stuff happens sometimes with the alarm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My ignition is all kinds of weird. Any key will start it, and weird stuff happens sometimes with the alarm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm quite sure it was for an ignition/engine kill switch and has been disconnected based on its location and where it leads.

I disconnected mine when the security key started to act up and I got tired or reaching under my steering column and fiddling around to find that button to start my '95 Maxima.

My engine immobilizer is a simple switch that has a fob you have to press into it with to complete the circuit. I just tied my fob to my car keys with some elastic so I can put the key in and have the fob handy to reach the immobilizer switch that is just above the ignition.