Exhaust system replacement questions

HastingsIV

My exhaust system is pretty much the only rust issue my pathfinder faces and I will eventually be needing a new muffler because of this. I also appear to have the manifold stud ticking issues as my pathy will initially tick when it first starts till it warms warms up. Because of this I was thinking about putting in a new exhaust system completely.

So now I have questions about how to go about doing this. I was thinking about going with Doug Thorely headers but as I have the 2wd model I think there might be some issue with this? I have not found specific reasons, just various posts that say it is not as straight forward to install because the y pipe has to be modified.

1. Can a 2wd 1995 pathy have doug thorely (or any) headers installed?

2. If so, can they be installed and then taken to muffler shop for final welding or would it be best to have a shop doing the whole installation? (trying to lower shop costs)

3. Any reason why I should or shouldnt have it all done at once (Headers, Cat, Muffler?)

4. Any idea what a ball park cost a shop would charge for something like this?

I think the driver side transmission frame bracket will interfere with the collector on the headers.

If you have broken studs and require extracting, then you're looking at a lengthy laborous repair. You are looking at least 1000 dollars.

Do it all in one shot.

• Like 1

I don't suppose there is a work around for that? Starting to wish I had waited for a 4x4 but this pathy was only 101k miles on the original motor and trans so it was a steal for me.

You could always hold out and wait for the perfect 4x4 to buy.

Or buy some pacesetter headers and mod those.