Nissan OEM fuel filter discontinued

colinnwn

Courtesy Nissan Parts page says the fuel filter 16400-0W005 for all 1997-2004 Pathfinders has been discontinued, and it doesn't list a replacement part.

Does anyone know if there is an unlisted OEM alternate? Or just getting the filter listed at any auto parts store like Advance Auto Carquest 86023 is fine?

Certain things, like using generic auto parts store spark plugs rather than the NGK platinum spark plugs, seem to cause people problems. Just wanted to be sure this wasn't the case with the fuel filter. I was shocked that Nissan quit carrying it. I'm surprised they felt it necessary to actually switch the housing, rather than just improving the filter media inside. They do still make the supercharged Xterra fuel filter. The picture looks the same. But I didn't want to mess around buying it unless it was known to work.

Certain things, like using generic auto parts store spark plugs rather than the NGK platinum spark plugs, seem to cause people problems. Just wanted to be sure this wasn't the case with the fuel filter. I was shocked that Nissan quit carrying it. I'm surprised they felt it necessary to actually switch the housing, rather than just improving the filter media inside. They do still make the supercharged Xterra fuel filter. The picture looks the same. But I didn't want to mess around buying it unless it was known to work.

I would agree on the spark plugs. Anything but ngk seems to cause issues. I think I've got a wix brand fuel filter that has done well. I need to change mine again though. It's been over a year and I've ran a lot of miles and used injector cleaner multiple times since then.