Elbe Run this Saturday/ February 11th

TowndawgR50

Elbe trail run with my local 4x4 club this weekend. I havent been to the area yet, but I hear its a a tight fit in some spots and full size rigs arent recommended. Let me know if you'd like to join. All makes and models are welcome.

I wish I could. My Pathfinder is down as I wait for better weather to finish some front end work I started. I just bought a sweet 78 F250 4x4 beast that I would really love to get off-road to play with, but like you said Eibe is certainly not full size friendly. I do live that place though.

Elbe is a neat area, my in-laws live near there. I am doing the timing belt on my pathfinder this weekend, so I am out of commission.

FYI they have an old steam train there that takes tours towards MT Rainier. They also do a Santa train in December, if you have kids.

• 2 weeks later...

Elbe was pretty rad. Didnt make it very far before the day turned into repeated recovery practice. One Geo tracker ripped off a front bumper and broke a CV axle. The rest of the days shenanigans revolved around getting a unrelated group of 3 totally unprepared and mechanically challenged Toyotas out of a bad spot.

IMG_1866_zpslwgpeihs.jpg

IMG_1868_zpsbuh4lycg.jpg

IMG_1872_zpsagpomeud.jpg

• Like 1

Elbe was definitely intense. I didnt take my truck and I probably wont ever because the trails are so damn tight. Summer would be preferable as the water levels were pretty high in some ponds/puddles due to the buggies with 40"+ tires ripping everything up. Its a great spot for small, short wheelbase rigs like the Suzuki's, who had no problems getting through with 31's and lockers but unless you dont mind body damage I would carefully consider which trails u attempt off the main route when taking an R50.

Hey guys, I have been posting on the Facebook page asking for others to go to Tahuya on March 11. I have a friend with a Rubicon Wrangler who wants to go and I'm gonna actually take my F-250 that day to play a bit in it. My Pathfinder is slightly down at the moment for a other tie rod issue. Not a big deal, but it's been either too rainy, 30 degrees, and/or snowing lately making it difficult to work on.

• 2 weeks later...

Any update? Time, meeting location? I need a discovery pass for this place right?

Also, is this group kid friendly, I would like to bring my 8 year old son.

Edited by Citron