Rocky Road super sliders

Hey guys I've got a couple questions for those of you who have the rock rails sold by rocky road.

I bought some off of Craigslist and don't have the instructions.

As I understand it I need to drill holes 9 a holes per side?

In these locations?:

2 here

afb1a650a0232e7d584e65e1017f1563.jpg

2 here

15c167c38d925cfc6b9ef932f83715b1.jpg

And then 5 along the pinch weld?

383d7fc19b1c0e6696107a658f74d5c8.jpg

If you have any pictures or tips it would greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for digging up that thread lots of information I can use,

Its a little hard to see but the pinch weld bar is in this picture

383d7fc19b1c0e6696107a658f74d5c8.jpg

For some reason I was under the impression they mounted to the factory step bar location :shrug:

And I was pretty hesitant to start drilling.

I can post some pictures of my install hopefully I get around to it soon

Yeah, it'd be nice if they mounted to the OE step locations, but not the case.

But yes, your bolt count sounds about right according to the post jyeager linked. However, my RRO sliders are like Rick13's in that thread, where mine have 3 attachment legs (6 bolts) and I think two pinch-seam bolts.

Either way, yes, you need to drill into the unibody to mount them. Did you receive large self-tapping bolts with them? That's supposedly the original attachment method, though I'm not a fan of it. However, I put the truck on them a few times the other weekend, and they held up very well.

Yes, sorry about that mistake, I couldn't see that picture clearly enough at the time.

The sliders, as they come from the manufacturer, have thin metal templates included that have the holes drilled in the right place for you to pre-drill your pinch seam holes. If you don't have those, then mount them up and clamp them in place and use a center punch to mark the center of each hole in your pinch weld.

The proper installation of these requires that bar be pressed up against the unibody when it's installed so that upward force isn't just supported by the pinch weld, but by the top of that bar holding up the unibody itself.

In my case there was 1/4" between that bar and the pinch weld. You could fill that with washers or small bushings, but I put 1/4" plate between the feet and the framerails to put the bar right against the pinch weld....and then welded them in.

DO NOT assume that the holes on one slider match the holes on the other slider.

Not sure if I understood you right, but it sounded like you are going to use 1 side to make a template for the other.

• 1 month later...