Please help

TassAus

I have a 1996 Pathfinder R50 VG33E.

It was driving fine one minute - the next it lost all power and had no acceleration. Now, it just wont start.

I have checked the MAF sensor and all seems good. I have checked the spark plugs, got a new distributor cap and rotor arm, checked the distributor bits and pieces - and again all seems good.

I've checked the fuel pump - and there's plenty of fuel. So I have air, fuel and a spark but still wont start.

Today I pulled a rocker cover off to just have a look at the rockers etc, while it was off and the fuel lines disconnected I turned it over - and it started. Obviously, didn't run for long 1) I had the rocker cover off and didn't want it to run for too long and 2) the fuel lines were off.

So, I got all excited and put it all back together - and now it wont start again. If I remove the fuel feed line, it will - but as soon as I connect the fuel back up it just turns over.

Has anyone come across this before or have any ideas where I should be looking as it has me stumped.

Thanks in advance

I have a 1996 Pathfinder R50 VG33E.

It was driving fine one minute - the next it lost all power and had no acceleration. Now, it just wont start.

I have checked the MAF sensor and all seems good. I have checked the spark plugs, got a new distributor cap and rotor arm, checked the distributor bits and pieces - and again all seems good.

I've checked the fuel pump - and there's plenty of fuel. So I have air, fuel and a spark but still wont start.

Today I pulled a rocker cover off to just have a look at the rockers etc, while it was off and the fuel lines disconnected I turned it over - and it started. Obviously, didn't run for long 1) I had the rocker cover off and didn't want it to run for too long and 2) the fuel lines were off.

So, I got all excited and put it all back together - and now it wont start again. If I remove the fuel feed line, it will - but as soon as I connect the fuel back up it just turns over.

Has anyone come across this before or have any ideas where I should be looking as it has me stumped.

Thanks in advance

Maybe check your fuel filter? I'd imagine if it got completely clogged up, the fuel would stay in the lines, and when you disconnected the line it allowed a little bit of gas to seep into the injectors. (Think picking up water with a straw, with your finger on the top open end, once you move your finger the water will fall out of the straw.). It's a long shot as I've never heard of it happen, but that's what my brain is telling me from what you've stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Backpacker

Maybe check your fuel filter? I'd imagine if it got completely clogged up, the fuel would stay in the lines, and when you disconnected the line it allowed a little bit of gas to seep into the injectors. (Think picking up water with a straw, with your finger on the top open end, once you move your finger the water will fall out of the straw.). It's a long shot as I've never heard of it happen, but that's what my brain is telling me from what you've stated.

Dude, good advice.