Can you take a quick test as data for my biology paper?

mjotrainbrain

I have to do a project for my senior (high school) biology project, and being the procrastinator I am I'm down to the wire and still have to gather a lot of data, so if some of you guys could take this test and post your results down below I would greatly appreciate it. You will need two devices, preferably some kind of desktop or laptop and a phone, as it is meant to simulate distracted driving.

I need to know whether you're male or female, your age, and if you're color blind (yes/no is fine). And please, NO REDOS; there are no do-overs in real life so if you're embarrassed by your reaction time and want to see if you can do better, please just paste the actual results, for the sake of consistency in the data please. I will post my results in a comment so you guys can see the format/information I need. First, follow this link:

http://getyourwebsitehere.com/jswb/rttest01.html

This is the control. Get 5 "test numbers" and an average. Record them and type your results in a comment. Now follow this link on a phone:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_(process)

And read the article while trying to do the test (as if you're reading a text while driving) and record the same information as you had to for the control. Thank you all very much and have a great day!

:excl: I FORGOT TO SAY IN THE ORIGINAL POST, PLEASE ROUND NUMBERS TO 3 DECIMAL PLACES! :excl:

Thanks guys. :)

Male, 18, no.

Control:

1: 0.312

2: 0.281

3: 0.293

4: 0.237

5: 0.297

AVG: 0.284

Distracted:

1: 1.679

2: 0.475

3: 0.603

4: 0.411

5: 1.715

AVG: 0.977

Male, 34, no

Control

1: .336

2: .388

3: .241

4: .369

5: .281

AVG: .323

Distracted

1: .473

2: .409

3: .402

4: .501

5: .389

AVG: .435

That was a boring article. You could have picked an article about the history of Nissan or something. ☺️ Good luck with the paper.

• Like 1

That was a boring article. You could have picked an article about the history of Nissan or something. ☺️ Good luck with the paper.

Yeah, I know, was just throwing it together. Ah well, it did the job. And thanks!

My internet must be slow it took me almost a full second everytime and that's not possible. Lol

Definitely the internet, haha! Sometimes you'll get over a second while reading, but definitely not when you aren't reading. I find it's slow on phones too. Thank you for trying though!

Edited by mjotrainbrain