89-95 Questions and Concerns

Reshma

Hard to find the information I'm looking for on the forums. Hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
Pulling a harness from a 95'. Has anyone done a harness swap with ECU and put it in a square dash? Issues? Tips and Tricks?
Might just pull the harness and start splicing and make my own franken harness since my headlight wiring is shot thanks to the PO's splice and dice for HID's and my tail light wiring is also just as bad. I'd like to also add in a plug for the heated mirrors. Splicing it all together doesn't scare me at all, but would it be easier to splice the square dash into the 95 harness and upgrade the TBI into MPFI from the 95? Also, the 95' is an Auto and my 89 is a 5-Speed. Would that be an issue? I would think not but I'd like to get some experienced heads in on this. Another question I had was, would the 89 body fit on the 95' frame? Or are the body mounts and what not that different? I've also read up on the 2wd swap but I still don't quite understand what it is that I need for my year of truck. Would it be smarter to do the swap for the 95' front end suspension and steering and use my 89 steering box to replace my idler arm? Or vice-versa? Loads of questions.

the main harness goes from the tail lights to the headlights, sub harnesses to dash, to engine, rear hatch, frt doors. dome light and possibly vanity mirror lights on the visors.

I did my 88 but I also replaced the dash and cluster when I installed a 3.3 in my 88

it would be easier to just swap out the complete electrical, I even swapped out my side mirrors now they are heated

Edited by vagabond
  • Like 1

the main harness goes from the tail lights to the headlights, sub harnesses to dash, to engine, rear hatch, frt doors. dome light and possibly vanity mirror lights on the visors.

I did my 88 but I also replaced the dash and cluster when I installed a 3.3 in my 88

it would be easier to just swap out the complete electrical, I even swapped out my side mirrors now they are heated

See my issue is I want the square dash + the heated mirrors + the new tail and headlight wiring + New hatch wiring since the my rear glass will randomly pop open when I lock/unlock the doors. Just wondering if I should even bother trying to swap the entire harness or should I play splice and dice.

I spent about 4 1/2 hrs pulling the main harness, the dash will have to be pulled for the heater a/c and radio wiring also to run the wiring to the engine compt. both sides, pulling all the seats makes it a lot easier.

I know you said you wanted to keep the square dash but remember the electronic speedo in the rounded dash.

I'dd o the complete loom.

hope this helps

I spent about 4 1/2 hrs pulling the main harness, the dash will have to be pulled for the heater a/c and radio wiring also to run the wiring to the engine compt. both sides, pulling all the seats makes it a lot easier.

I know you said you wanted to keep the square dash but remember the electronic speedo in the rounded dash.

I'dd o the complete loom.

hope this helps

So it's looking like I would have to either convert to round dash OR play Doctor Splice n' Dice.

I'm going today to pick up the parts rig. From photo's it actually looks incredibly clean so I'm going to have to assess the situation when I get there. Part of me hopes the frame is shot and the photo's are deceiving so I don't feel bad tearing it up. The other part hopes its as clean as I imagine and then I'll end up with 3 Nissans and no parts rig. Which doesn't quite help my situation at all.

So it's looking like I would have to either convert to round dash OR play Doctor Splice n' Dice.

I'm going today to pick up the parts rig. From photo's it actually looks incredibly clean so I'm going to have to assess the situation when I get there. Part of me hopes the frame is shot and the photo's are deceiving so I don't feel bad tearing it up. The other part hopes its as clean as I imagine and then I'll end up with 3 Nissans and no parts rig. Which doesn't quite help my situation at all.

LOL don't feel bad I have 2 88s a 94 and a 95 in my driveway, the 94 is the parts car.

if you have any ?s I'll try and help

LOL don't feel bad I have 2 88s a 94 and a 95 in my driveway, the 94 is the parts car.

if you have any ?s I'll try and help

Brought the 95 home last night. Truck looks good. Definitely parts rig however. Frame is amazing.

923dd99127745f530854aca3137ccd9a.jpg

f7ae818c3e4883d3f16bcd420a1cb182.jpg