Planning my lift on QX4

Gspeed151

I am trying to determine if I have the right combo before I get into bolting everything on. I have OME HD front and MD rear springs ready to be installed and then I ordered Fleurys 1in strut spacers on the way and Bilstein 5100 for the rear, is that going to be enough clearance to fit 265/75/16 I do not have the wheel/tire combo yet I am just running 16in trispokes with 245/70/16 for the time being I am about a month off before I get the wheels/tires. My questions is with 2in could I fit 33s without a SFD and is it worth the extra 1/2in? If I went to 2in strut spacers would I be better off? I am not worried about trimming the inner fenders I have on that is torn up already and I have a QX4 so it looks as the fender flares might need a little trim once I get the tires. If I did 2in spacers will that mess up the angle of the CVs? I also have Mile Marker locking hubs on the way...

Edited by Gspeed151
  • Like 1

I ran 33s with a 2" lift and cleared, but was going through CVs when I would go 4 wheeling. The OME springs claim 1.75" of lift so with a spacer on top of that you might have binding problems. It seems to be hit and miss. Others have run that combo with no problems.

• Like 1

I just went through this same thing. After hours of research I pulled the trigger. I have a97

AC springs 2"

1" strut spacer

Bilstien longer rear shocks

4" B'S. I couldn't find 3.75

285/75/16 fierce attitude tires

I added a 1.75 spacer because I thought I needed it

I had to trim metal in the front

After wheeling I rubbed my rear wheel wells

I just removed the spacer

It clears the strut by a hair

Tested the rear and no rub yet

I have yet to wheel with this set up

Manual hubs are a necessity to save CV as well as the increased mpg749d078fef255bc1dc3d4a47ab8fd5b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

SFD will save CVs.

At full droop my CVs bind, they do fine until then but not an ideal situation wheeling in the rough.

Whatch on your spacers. 1" gets 1.5" 1.5" is like 2"ish of lift 2'' fronts get 2.5"-2.75"

Rears are whatever lift the size is.

I did rear springs and front springs and spacers. Then let her settle a couple weeks and ordered a rear spacer to get .5" of rake in the rear. I can't stand the front being up.

Edited by LittleFR
  • Like 1

This is some great information. I am collecting my parts and hopefully I will be installing in 2 weeks I will make a video/build up during the process. Any bits advise for the install? I am going to be doing along with a Nissan certified tech in the shop after hours so if there are any tricks I am all ears.

I just went through this same thing. After hours of research I pulled the trigger. I have a97

AC springs 2"

1" strut spacer

Manual hubs are a necessity to save CV as well as the increased mpg749d078fef255bc1dc3d4a47ab8fd5b1.jpg

Cornpone99

I meant to reply to your comment, you said you had 1.75 spacers and they rubbed but with no spacers they cleared barely, do you think 1in spacers with 4in BS would be perfect? I see its hard to find decent 16in with 3.75 I was against spacers but if it works I will order some and just go for 4in BS wheels. And its promising that 285/75/16 work for you. Almost pulled the trigger on wheels/tires today..still trying to hold off till I get it in the air. I am planning on dry fitting different sizes since we have a huge amount of old tires in the back of my work and I will mount to my spare or find a 4in BS wheel for reference.

AC springs 2"

1" strut spacer

Are those ProComp Series 97 wheels? And to be clear, they do fit those tires without rubbing the strut?

• 1 year later...