Exploration and Adventure Log

onespiritbrain

I was EXTREMELY bored, to the point where I was thinking about things I shouldn’t be, so I had to take action!

There was a powerful storm band moving thru Georgia on its way to me that was dropping tornadoes, so I thought, “I know what I’ll do... I’ll hit the trail in the middle of this storm”.

And so I timed the storms arrival to hit me when I was getting started on the trail, and it was a major success!

It was worse than I imagined and the trail had been closed for some time and was overgrown.

I did not record my getting on to the trail and the storm because it was literally too crazy for me to do anything but survive, and not get crushed by a falling tree!

Last thing, I used to like getting high, and I spent a lot of my life doing just that.. but I have to say, I could NOT have done this while inebriated in any way... and to me, that’s pretty freakin cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

The boys and I went to Charlies Creek last weekend to camp and it turned out to be one of the best camping experiences I've ever had. The spot we got was one of only three established camping areas on the entire trail and was right beside the trail. I didn't like being right beside the trail at first but we ended up getting to see several convoys, one that was comprised of at least 30 vehicles, travel right next to us. It was pretty cool. Only one vehicle came thru after dark and was lit up like a Christmas tree with amber light bars. 

I remembered hawairish saying that the amber color produces more usable light and it did appear to be the case. It was like the trail was awash with very warm light instead of the abhorrent purple blue light that light bars otherwise output. I think I am going to get some gel film to either go full amber or at least get down to about 3000k.

The only negative was I couldn't sleep a wink. This however enabled me to be present when two owls began hooting to each other at precisely 2:36AM and ended at 2:40AM. There was one owl which was, I would guess, 20-30 yards away from me and then another one which was much further away. When the one close to me would hoot I could almost feel the sound. It was a powerful hoot with three smaller hoots right after it. After the one close to me did its thing, the other one made the exact same hoot with three smaller hoots behind it. Toward the end of their hooting to each other they started changing the amount of smaller hoots. The one close to me only did two smaller hoots and then the other one still did three. The the one further away did two smaller hoots and the one close to me did four. They were clearly talking to each other and when they finished they did not make a single peep the entire rest of the night. It was truly something and I will always remember the wonder I felt when it was clear to me they were talking to each other. 

Here are the pics and vids of us. It really was so much fun and my youngest son, who is incredibly picky and wont eat anything, tried all the camping food I made. I was so proud of him. What a great time and the trees surrounding the campsite were amazing. I dont know what kind of trees they were but it was a beautiful twisted mess of dense woods above a crystal clear creek. 

asdffdsa.jpg

IMG6619.jpg

IMG6623.jpg

IMG6624.jpg

IMG6628.jpg

IMG6629.jpg

IMG6630.jpg

IMG6632.jpg

IMG6633.jpg

IMG6634.jpg

IMG6636.jpg

IMG6643.jpg