Sway bar end linkages....wtf!?!

rc_cola_j

I use a quart of dex merc 3 in oil on anything I buy and let it cycle through a full couple heat cycles under no load and change it with synthetic. I use diesel if lifters are tapping and rev it till it quits or blows. But I really don't trust seafoam or diesel under a load to coat bearings.

• 3 weeks later...

You have them installed yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed them last Sunday........but we got a huge dump of snow Monday morning and I was snowed in at home for the week. Yes....just over 2 feet of snow stranded me in my driveway. Lol.

Neighbour came and ploughed my driveway and I got out today and so far so good. It feels and drives a lot better. Something still feels a little loose in the steering though. Will try to track it down.

Hey RC, I agree w/LittleFR's assessment that the possibility of bushing failure in contributing to ur continued consumption of end links. I've just recently got my Pathy back on the road and prior to that, hadn't done anything, suspension wise, for at least a 100 K. NOW, back on the road, I'm noticing it pulls to the right, the sway bar end links are rattling, etc. It's all getting replaced this year, once this freak winter decides to move on...TO ALBERTA, where it belongs!!!

2 ft of snow...on Salt Spring...all in one shot..."Aaah Houston, WTF?...OVER"

Hey RC, I agree w/LittleFR's assessment that the possibility of bushing failure in contributing to ur continued consumption of end links. I've just recently got my Pathy back on the road and prior to that, hadn't done anything, suspension wise, for at least a 100 K. NOW, back on the road, I'm noticing it pulls to the right, the sway bar end links are rattling, etc. It's all getting replaced this year, once this freak winter decides to move on...TO ALBERTA, where it belongs!!!

Yup. Stranded for a week in my house.

Crawled under with a friend. Didn't take anything apart, but he agreed it is probably bushings. Will let you know

You are all going to laugh. Keep in mind that my local mechanic (and his apprentice) did the suspension work a few months back....not me.

I ordered some new bushings from the auto parts store. My friend and I took everything apart this morning.....guess what......no bushings. None. Nada. I think I found the problem.

Seems like I do recall the bushings being mentioned once before. HAHA.

Glad you figured it out though. You won't know what to do with that thing driving proper again!!

See Bunchee's post a little bit back.

You are all going to laugh. Keep in mind that my local mechanic (and his apprentice) did the suspension work a few months back....not me.

I ordered some new bushings from the auto parts store. My friend and I took everything apart this morning.....guess what......no bushings. None. Nada. I think I found the problem.

How much noise was that making? It must have handled like @!*%.

How much noise was that making? It must have handled like @!*%.

It rattled a lot. But handled just fine. Quite a bit of play in the steering...Occasionally pulled one way or another. That's it.

It is absolutely amazing how though. Holy Crap! No play in the steering. No annoying rattle on the ****** roads where I live.

• Like 2

"No bushings", Bwahahahahaha! Um, dude, you MIGHT just want to tackle ur our repairs...I'm sure you can't screw it up any more than ur local "Professionals" as the recent evidence attests...just sayin, V.

• Like 1