throttle cable adjustement

r50chilkoot

On my 1998 Pathfiner r50, I noticed that the throttle cable was loose and wanted to tighten it up, only problem is, there's another cable attached to the throttle body. I assume this cable is for the cruise control. I would like to tighten up both of these cables in order to achieve better pedal response, but I am unsure whether I will mess up the cruise control. So question being, am I able to tighten up both these cables and not mess up the cruise control in any way, or if I do this will my cruise control no longer work properly? The image included shows the cables I am referring to.

15zfw4y.jpg

Keep in mind, this is not my engine. Its an image I found online, but it is the same engine as mine and has the same throttle cable.

Mine had like an inch of slack (3.5 though) I tightened them and the only thing that changed was I don't have to put my foot to the floor to get to 55.

It took me a few days to stop peeling out at stop signs.

Just as an update, I did tighten up the cables and there is no longer any slack in the pedal. Any pressure applied to the pedal now gives the engine throttle, as well I find that the cruise control actually is more responsive and accurate. Definetley would recommend tightening up these cables on your pathfinder if you haven't done it already

• Like 1