Who is running 265/75R16's?

Gusthebus

I got a really good deal from the tire shop on a set of Falken Wild peak AT 265/75R16. I am currently running a stock truck. I will be installing a 2.5" Front/2" rear spacer kit to get more clearance. The rear fit without any issues under normal road driving. As for the front tires, I know I will need to finesse the inner fender to remedy the rubbing at full lock. My concern is clearing the strut with the 265 tire width. Will this tire clear without having to add wheel spacers? (Stock 2000 SE 5 star wheels) I know this seems to be a heavily covered topic but I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

Thanks for helping a new guy!

I had to use 1" spacers to clear 265/70r16 and re drill holes for my plastic fender liner and trim bumper. Also remove almost all bracing for mud flaps. To clear 265/75r16's which are essentially a 33 I was going to have to lose mudflaps and mutilate front bumper... Not worth it to me so I ran the more expensive 70 series.

You can do it but with that small a lift won't be pretty.

As to question you'll be down to a sheet of paper clearance on strut without spacers, on the up hand 1' will let you tuck Warn hubs under the factory wheels dust covers with no hole in the center.

Edited by LittleFR

Roger. Any suggestions on quality wheel spacers? I don't really like the idea of using them but it sounds like a necessary evil to squeeze these tires in. What was originally a really cheap set of tires is quickly becoming more and more of an expense.

No signature showing on my end. Link?

Thanks again!!

I run the evil 'Lug Centric' spacers. I bought them for my old 6 lug chevy... I sold then they wouldn't work with my crappy 6 lug toyota wheels (bolt pattern correct but rims were not indented)

I got them brand new don't remember brand for 75 bucks off craigslist.

I sanded mounting surfaces, greased the acorns and loctited threads. Hand tightened and made baby steps tightening star pattern and Torqued to 100. Then did the same with the wheels to 90. I've rotated tires twice since and double checked torque and all has been well.

I wanted hub centric spacers or rings but couldn't justify it with the luck I've had over the past year.

Fleurys spacers are top notch and easy to install. I'm not running his due to a lapse in production, but if you aren't doing a spring and strut swap they are a breeze to put in. Just get ready to make the alignment shop scratch their heads a bit. My alignment shop is going to attend my funeral and bring sticks to poke me to make sure I'm really dead....

• Like 1

I found a set of 2 Eibach 30mm wheel spacers for $125. Or a set of 4 no name made-in-China ebay specials for $80. As sketchy as a part failure would be for something like this, I don't know if it's worth the risk to save $170. I don't need them in the rear. The tires fit with my 17 year old squatting stock suspension. After replacing the springs and adding 2" lift spacers there'll be ample space back there. But I would like to maintain an even track width front and rear.

• 2 months later...

I mounted that size. They will fit, but will rub if you flex or hit a big dip. I just took my flares off. They don't rub anything now. That is with fresh suspension front and rear. All stock replacement. If you have different tire sizes on the front and rear it will cause transfer case gear wind up in 4wd. If that's what you have and plan on using 4wd. It will eventually wear it out. It will also drive like crap. If you refresh the suspension and mount that size tire, without the flares, you will be surprised at the clearance it will have. Wish I had a pic handy. Maybe after I get home I can post some for you.

Edited by 00R50TN

As others have kind of said already, it can vary from truck to truck and also depending on tire brand. I have I think 2 inch spacers in front and 2.5 in rear with fresh stock springs. I test fitted BFG AT2's in 265/75/16 and they cleared everything in the wheel well, but the side lugs on the tire were just barely making contact with the strut. A different tire without the wider lugs on the sidewall would have cleared the strut, but I really wanted that tire so I went with the smaller tire size. Spacers will help clear the strut, but then you run into a lot more issue with needing to trim the bumper, inner fender, and remove mud flaps.

Yeah I got an wedged in. Wasn't too bad. 1.5" wheel spacers gave me more strut clearance than I needed but I like the stance they provide. 2.5" front/2" rear, stock spring replacements (moog). BILSTEIN 5100's on the rear. Had to do some trimming of the bumper and relocated the inner fender wells. Good enough for an old 2 wheel drive.

• Like 1