Cabin heater blows hot air only

Darek

Hi, I have a problem that cabin heater blows hot air at any gauge position, like this:

- 60F - cold air

- 61F - 90F - hot air (the same "hot level")

When I turn temperature gauge to be warmer or cooler then it reacts correctly increasing or decreasing blower motor speed but the temperature just stays hot.

I did self diagnosis procedure from HA-58 and only issue I found was that in step 5 there should be '5' displayed only but I have '51' displayed. This code is not explained in the manual. Step 5 is responsible for checking temperature sensors: inside, outside, intake. It looks that inside and outside temperatures were correct, I don't know it intake temperature is good or not (it was 50F while outside was 6F and inside 60F).

I have LE version with automatic AC. The behaviour is the same in AUTO or ECON mode.

Can you guide me how to fix it?

I'm not familiar with 'econ', but I know 'auto'. (model year differences I guess)

Mine has OFF/AUTO/LOW/MED/FAST.

Temperature control is only automatic in 'AUTO' mode. If I were to select low/med/fast and the temperature control didn't work, then I wouldn't be looking at sensors as the problem. It would be a simple matter of the air mix flapper not working.

I don't think you should be looking at a sensor problem unless you only see this behavior when in an 'auto' mode (not sure if 'econ' is auto or manual).

I'm guessing your trouble code is probably not related.

AUTO is using air condition and ECON is not, but both should adjust temperature automatically.

Can you give me some directions how to check the air mix flapper?