WD22

Citron

Just curious why the WD 22 isn't included in the forum. Seems like it is the natural successor to the WD 21. If this has already been asked, then forgive me, I didn't see it.

Edited by Citron

Including the wd22 would be similar to including the qx4, at least it seems that way to me.

I mainly ask because the wd21 and 22 are so similar, where the wd21 and r50 are very different.

Not trying to start any sort of argument though, I ask for purely selfish reasons, as my wife is thinking about getting rid of the Subaru and getting an Xterra.

• Like 1

I definitely see where you're coming from, and I'm sure Xterra discussion that fits in with WD21 stuff would be welcomed. It's the possibility of a slippery slope kind of an issue though, as then others may want an entire Xterra section added and then Frontier and then, and then, and then... you know what I mean? And in terms of the QX4, it is literally just a Pathfinder with some subtle cosmetic changes, whereas the Xterra has similarities, however plentiful they may be with a WD21 but is simply a different vehicle. And I agree, not trying to start an argument, just putting this out there since you asked. :aok: We're all Nissan guys here after all!

Point taken. Thanks for the discussion.

I tread lightly on forums, I have seen so many discussions blow up very rapidly into vicious arguments on many forums. That is why this is the only forum I frequent anymore, the people here are much more kind and mature.

• Like 2

Good question, Citron. Honestly, I'd love to see more Nissan truck/SUV chatter since there are actually a lot of similarities between all models (well, models before 2005 anyway), and because a decent amount of active members (self included) are familiar with other Nissan platforms.

But as mentioned, this is of course for "Pathfinders"...and more specifically, for those intending to use them for off-road purpose. Not to say that we don't welcome everybody. And yes, the Xterra probably should've been the rightful successor to the WD21.

If considering an Xterra, I wouldn't hesitate to ask those questions here. Many of the guys here are already familiar with the engines, transmissions (some guys actually upgrade to X transmissions), and suspension.

• Like 1