Just Springs

cham

Ive been looking around for some information on this subject but can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. My question is, can I install 1.75" lift OME coil springs on the front and rear while keeping OEM shocks and struts? I'm the second owner of this vehicle and I'm sure the shocks and struts have not been replaced in a long time if they're not originals. I can tell now I should replace them but will get to that when I have the money. If this does work will it cause any problems down the road when I finally decide to replace the shocks with OME and struts with KYB GR2s? Also with that setup what would be a smart tire size or specific tire without needing to trim or very little trimming. I was thinking 31x10. I have the very good looking 17" wheels off a 2002 pathy if anyone knows which ones I'm talking about.

You can. You will top out those oem shocks easier while flexing. So be careful if you go offroading frequently. Since you have to disassemble struts to install the spring you might consider buying some parts now and waiting to install until you can buy the rest. You would only have to do the work 1 time.

On my 96. I'm still at stock height with the stock 15 inch wheels and can run 31×10.50s with no issues. From scouring threads before buying most people seem to do ok on that size. Just make sure they won't rub on your struts. I just looked at how much room i had before this tire size and estimated how much more room i would need. They fit easily. And did not rub on my fender liners or mudflaps once installed.

• Like 1

It's more probable that I'll wait until I get all the parts to install because it's more practical. It's just going to take a minute that's for sure. I'm wondering what the backspacing is because I would like to also put some 1.25" spacers.

My .02.

If you're going in there do it right the first time. You have to compress the springs to get it on the strut.

I would recommend AC springs 2" lift and add a 1 " strut spacer. Once you lift I would definitely install locking hubs, Warn, Mile Marker or the like. Also check front ball joints, steering rack. I know it all cost money. But doing things 3 times really sucks

I have the springs and they are great. My old ones were really soggy and sucked for off roading going over rocks and slamming down.

Good luck

What is the point of installing Warn hubs? Also do the front ball joints and steering racks tend to go bad, is that why you recommended I check?

What is the point of installing Warn hubs? Also do the front ball joints and steering racks tend to go bad, is that why you recommended I check?

Warn (or Mile Marker) hubs allow you to manually disengage the front portion of the drivetrain when using 2wd. This reduces wear on components (namely the CV axles, especially when lifted) and improves gas mileage. For the cost, they pay for themselves before you know it. That being said, I haven't bothered getting a set for myself yet. :thumbsdown: