Paint match from Nissan?

Anyone know if you can get factory colour paint from Nissan? I've put enough work into the body now that it just seems like a shame to touch everything up with the "close enough red" that I picked up when I first started the rust fixing. I'd also like to avoid a full recolour paint job but we'll see I guess. Just looking at my options for now.

You can on newer vehicles. If you got the factory color from Nissan, it more than likely wouldn't match, since your vehicle is old enough that the paint has had some fading and weathering.

I think the best option would be to go to a local reputable auto painter and have them match and mix the color. The painters that restore old cars can match the current faded paint.

The amount of area you are doing would probably need to be clear coated as well to look unaltered.

• Like 1

I hadn't even considered the age aspect. It just kind of seems like a waste to me though to take a freshly professionally painted vehicle out into the woods to get it all bush pinstriped and marked up. Maybe I'll just rattle can it black or something, it would make touch ups easy at least. Thanks for the input though, definitely more food for thought.

I agree with Citron, having the color made is probably your best bet. Last winter when I had my rocker panel repaired a local body shop was able to match the Infiniti Obsidian Black perfectly and it looks really good, worth the extra cost for sure. Even if it's going to get pinstriped, at least it will be the right shade of damaged paint! :lol:

• Like 1

You could also do something like linex. Do the bottom 6" of sheet metal on both sides. Would be tough and fairly cheap.

I wasn't saying have the shop paint it, just get the mixed paint from them and do it yourself. Should work well with a HVLP setup.

You could also do something like linex. Do the bottom 6" of sheet metal on both sides. Would be tough and fairly cheap.

I wasn't saying have the shop paint it, just get the mixed paint from them and do it yourself. Should work well with a HVLP setup.

Ah gotcha on the paint. I might just do that. No matter what else I do though I was already planning on doing a bedliner strip on the fenders and rockers. I was looking at it again a little more critically this evening and I think doing that would actually cover up almost everything, except for the stuff on the tailgate.

I'v seen some pretty sweet spay can camo paint jobs that look good at least they look good on utube lol

I'll be using this truck for hunting, so that may not be a bad idea lol. The only question is would I do winter camo, or some sort of woodland haha

Most body shop supply places will mix paint and put it in a spray bomb for you. I even got them to mix the clear in for the rockers on mine. Mine is white though and fairly hard to match as well.

• Like 1