oil on driver side, check engine light

I have oil coming from somewhere dripping on the alternator and can't seem to find out also have a check engine light comes on and off read it says no malfunction I'm lost

Maybe degrease your engine first up all round and see where it's coming from !!

check engine should go off once started if its coming back on once your running the engine I'm not sure .

Good luck I'm sure someone here can help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the check engine light is coming on and off, that means it is not a hard fault so it shouldn't be stored. You will have to read the code when the light is on to see what it is. A hard fault would need to be cleared to make the check engine light turn off.

Take a look at the valve cover for the oil leak. Certain codes are hard faults, and set the check engine light and store a code, even if the fault clears. You need to reset the check engine on these. If it is not a hard fault, then the check engine turns on only when the fault is active, and no code is stored.

well I guess imma have a hell of a time trying to get this going every time I stop the car and it idles the light turns off I'm thinking o2 sensor cause the p.o. that had this b4 be messed the exhaust up smashed it a little

Are you using a code reader, or an engine scanner? The reader only reads current codes, the scanner can also show real-time data from the sensors. Scanners can also show a code history. The code you are getting should be logged in the history.

Ok that's what I was think 96 was when obd2 came in.... iv heard the 51 code can be o2 sensor I have a exhaust leak and the exhaust is smashed a little from p.o. might cause it? also I need to find a egr vacuum line and other vacuum line diagram