Suspension overhaul Time!

Nissman

Hi Pathfinder lovers Happy New Year First of all hope you all had an awesome time and a good 2017 path ahead

I'm looking for Info on suspension upgrading

I've just bought some Ultima Front struts and I'm going to get some dobinson back shocks and springs all round.

I just want info on front and back install.

I haven't got any books on my car

it's a Nissan Pathfinder 2002 .

I'm going to attack this job on my own wish me luck ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Download the service manual for your year. Might save you a little screwing around. Good luck!

Thanks I've got the manual I'll have a look

I'm installing Dobinsons Springs front and back with Ultima Front struts and have Monroe gas back on the back I'll give everyone an update on how they are he said I'll get about a 2" lift from where they are sitting now.

• Like 1

..so theres nothing for my 1991 model?

Can you route me in the right directip?

My Pathy is completely stock..original so its well past due for a full overhaul w 193k on it.

72913042afc979911cfd351d1400abe0.jpg

That's before on the front not a good pic but I'll try to find a bested old photo soon

It was Fairly Easy to do yourself Rear shock were simple hoist your car both side on up on car stands fairly high up . Then jack your diff up to take the weight of your diff undo the top joint and unclip the lines off the drum so it doesn't hurt the lines do the lines off the diff aswell . Undo your lower shock bolt .

Then lower your diff top pop the rear springs you need the stands high enough to lower the diff down .

I used a friends hoist it's a lot easier. Then just do the order backward and the back springs are done

I'll post a shot of my 4x4 today I'm heading to the beach to test the suspension today. So far I can notice a change in the way my car handles on the road and is a lot comfortable inside the car now , my back isn't the best but this has helped my pathy a lot Need any help let me know I'll give you some tips on the font aswell if you need.

I didn't use the crowfoot wrench tool in the online book there wasn't any need for it.

But I did use compressors for the front and doubled up when the other two where at a high tension , more easier to manage the spring, That was the scary part compressing the spring. Other than that fairly Easy to manage the changeover.

Found those springs..thanks for the post again.

My Brother got me on to the Dobinson Springs he has them on his 2014 Hilux and went for a test in his car before I looked into the price. He did his research on all makes and they where Good Value , I looked into a couple of different types. Not sure if you have them over there but you could Call Danny Judge at the store here in Adelaide he helped me out , good bloke to talk to

08 83691377 say you spoke to me on here. It wasn't that long ago he will remember ;)

• 2 weeks later...