Radio Control

mjotrainbrain

Is anybody else on here an RC nut? I will have been enjoying RC for 10 years this Christmas, starting with the Tamiya Hornet re-release. I now have a Traxxas Stampede, Axial SCX10, Team Associated RC18T, and Traxxas Slash. I would like to build a Nissan Pathfinder scale truck if anybody ever comes out with an R50 body!

• Like 2

I'm a fan of the fuel engines. I want a traxxas 4x4

Those are so cool. I've only seen them in person a few times, but they really are amazing. A lot of my neighbors are old though and probably wouldn't like it if I had one. :/

Haha, that's some rotten luck. I prefer to stay on the ground anyway, too much risk with aircraft.

About a foot of snow dumped today, so unfortunately RC season is already over for me. Driving the Q is a lot of fun though!

Haha, that's some rotten luck. I prefer to stay on the ground anyway, too much risk with aircraft.

About a foot of snow dumped today, so unfortunately RC season is already over for me. Driving the Q is a lot of fun though!

Dude, if you knew me you would think you were the luckiest SOB alive. My life could be a cartoon. But I am gonna get that truck and flog it in the snow. Aren't traxxass products water proof?

• Like 1

I've been looking at the Slayer Pro 4x4. I just sold my 70 F100 so after I pay off some responsible adult bills, I think I'm going to get a toy.

Man, that would be awesome! That and the T-Maxx are my favorite Traxxas nitros, would love to add them to my collection some day. If you decide to treat yourself, make sure to post it on here!

i had a traxxas slash 4x4 with 3 cell lypo battery it went like wow fast crazy fast but the more power you put to them the more they break and were i live finding good spots to use them can be hard to find slash isn't the best for racing but for rippin around and taking a beatin they work well i used to take mine to the skate park and put it in the bowl got some big air lots of fun but it not to cheap if you break it all the time like i did

• Like 1

i had a traxxas slash 4x4 with 3 cell lypo battery it went like wow fast crazy fast but the more power you put to them the more they break and were i live finding good spots to use them can be hard to find slash isn't the best for racing but for rippin around and taking a beatin they work well i used to take mine to the skate park and put it in the bowl got some big air lots of fun but it not to cheap if you break it all the time like i did

Wow, that sounds like a beast! I haven't put brushless in any of my trucks yet, but I plan on doing that soon. I have a friend who is building a Slash 4x4 from the ground up with all upgraded parts, I can't wait to see how much of a beating it can take.

Just bought a Revo 3.3 4x4 for $240 on ebay.

It looked good. Almost bought a slayer Pro too. They were both so cheap I made offers on both but thankfully didn't get both.

Edited by LittleFR
  • Like 1

Just bought a Revo 3.3 4x4 for $240 on ebay.

It looked good. Almost bought a slayer Pro too. They were both so cheap I made offers on both but thankfully didn't get both.

Wow, good score! Will you be lucky enough to get it in time for Christmas?

Yeah should be here in about a week.

It had Losi 23mm hub wheels and foam filled track tires. ( I don't consider that much of an upgrade) they are ugly but should make it lighter and faster.

It has revers for now so probably going to do a center diff and forward only conversion. And Posi rear. When reverse breaks.

Other than that it was just a really clean 3.3 Revo that looks barely broken in.

I'm definitely getting a wing to protect the motor and going to look for an SUV body I can turn into a Pathy.

• Like 1

Wouldn't mind having someth I ng with decent suspension and run time to play with in my yard/the hill behind my house. My older XMods Titan eats batteries.

I'm personally a big fan of the Axial trucks, as they are realistic and have good run times.

Wouldn't mind having someth I ng with decent suspension and run time to play with in my yard/the hill behind my house. My older XMods Titan eats batteries.

I had every single motor gear set and body part for my Skyline! X Mod. I gave them to my nephews a couple years ago and they promptly destroyed them.

On a side not: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/32769-rc-pathy/page-2

BALLN a member here beat us to this years ago and built a fully functional scale WD21 complete with leaf springs and bug out gear. On a 4wd RC platform.

Edited by LittleFR

Update! Just got my trax as revo 3.3 in the mail. It's a bad mamma jamma!!! With no instructions I had a heck of a time figuring out how to charge it lol.

And I'm picking up a MBX7T Friday for my wife.... She said she wanted a brushless car and nothing too big then I came across the Mugen Monster 4x4 sucking nitro for $250. With the mods done it's an $800 dollar truck so my wife will have a better faster RC than me....

• Like 1

Lucky me, I got the Traxxas VXL-3S brushless system for Christmas! And man, is my Slash fast now! So far I've destroyed one driveshaft and when I hit a lightpole I destroyed a lot of a back corner...lol. Time for more upgrades, but man is this thing a beast! I almost can't get traction it's so powerful. :lmao: