Troubleshooting...

Pathlander

I checked the ecm when my check engine light came on yesterday, and got code 45- injector leak. Upon searching the forum, I found out a dirty maf sensor could be the culprit. I took it apart very carefully, and noticed there was no oring. I went to the parts store and stretched a small one over the sensor and cleaned it very carefully. Put it together, and it was sputtering/misfiring when I started it back up.

Today I took the entire housing off and disconnected the sensor. Started it up real quick for the heck of it, and it was idling fine. Would this lead you to believe the maf sensor is bad? It seemed to run fine before I took it apart. I'm pretty sure I didn't lose the o-ring when I took it apart. Sorry for the noobness, but this is driving me crazy! Any advice/help is much appreciated.

Jon

I think I got it figured out. I took it all apart and cleaned it again, and noticed the smallest little strain from the q-tip on the heater wires from last night. It fired up just fine and I erased the codes. Crossing my fingers, but wow what a difference! The old girl really woke up :)

Now let's just hope that pesky check engine light stays off.

Cheers!

Jon

• Like 2