Subframe drop

haydenmidd12

I have a 1998 Nissan R50 pathfinder 2x4 is it possible to do a sub frame drop on it with it being 2wd. and if so what all is require other than the

(subframe spacers, Strut spacers and the stiring extenders)? Do I have to have the engine spacer and if so can someone post a picture of one for me please so I can fabricate one up.

Yes you have to have the engine spacers, the engine mounts to the subframe. They are like the other spacers, just shorter. Can't take pics now but they'd be super easy to make, just 2 holes in each side of some square tubing like all the other spacers. You also need longer springs/spacers in the back and a panhard arm dropper. Just curious, why do you want to sfd it if it's just 2wd?

This might help you, a picture of the kit KRFabs used to put out

2d04e3aa-9836-46cd-b7c3-a7f9686987c6_zps

Far right 2 spacers are the engine mount ones, middle left narrow ones go up front on the subframe, upper and lower left fat ones go on the rear of the subframe. Strut spacers are upper and lower right.

Edited by Snowboarder12345
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

For the strut spacers does it really matter about the 8 degrees that they have to be slanted?

Yes, otherwise the front geometry will be messed up. The upper strut mount is not level.With non-angled strut spacers, the strut might not even bolt up properly. Even if it did, your camber and caster will be way out of spec. This is why it is often difficult to get the camber back close to spec when using 2" spacers.

For the strut spacers does it really matter about the 8 degrees that they have to be slanted?

You could also just buy camber bolts and be done with it. I do not share the opinion of bringing the camber to spec with 2" spacers is difficult. It is easily done with 1 or 2 pairs of camber bolts.

S.

You could also just buy camber bolts and be done with it. I do not share the opinion of bringing the camber to spec with 2" spacers is difficult. It is easily done with 1 or 2 pairs of camber bolts.

S.

The question about the 8° angled strut spacers centers around a 4" or higher SFD, not the use of 2" spacers, with or without a SFD.

Assuming the strut would even properly line up to be bolted in place, installing 4" long simple strut spacers that do not have the 8° angle will relocate the new upper mount too far forward and too far outboard to provide enough adjustment for camber bolts, and may reduce the caster angle excessively.

• Like 1

Oh yeah. and do i have to have a cherry picker to support my engine?

It would certainly help a lot, but no.

You can support the engine by the oil pan with a 12"x12" piece of plywood so you don't hurt the pan.

But all that underneath will just make it a bit harder to get in there and access what you need to while installing the blocks.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

New member.

I have R50 2002LE currently with 2" suspension.I have problems with cv axle angle since i put lift and 32"s

Just found this site and great topic for that sub frame drop lift.Now i see the pictures and i am asking for measurements.I will build myself that kit and i can make some extra for FREE.

I'm welder so have enough free material around.

Hi,

New member.

I have R50 2002LE currently with 2" suspension.I have problems with cv axle angle since i put lift and 32"s

Just found this site and great topic for that sub frame drop lift.Now i see the pictures and i am asking for measurements.I will build myself that kit and i can make some extra for FREE.

I'm welder so have enough free material around.

Careful with where you get your measurements from, there's some diagrams floating around with incorrect information. I know at least Johann has good info, as well as a few others. Just gotta ask around, people who have actually done it will be the most helpful, don't want to risk second-hand knowledge since there's some wrong info around. Good luck!

• Like 2

Careful with where you get your measurements from, there's some diagrams floating around with incorrect information. I know at least Johann has good info, as well as a few others. Just gotta ask around, people who have actually done it will be the most helpful, don't want to risk second-hand knowledge since there's some wrong info around. Good luck!

Hi

I send couple times already email to Krypton Fabrication in last 2 months to buy that sfd kit.They never reply so i decided to make my own.Just need to find correct measurements.And actually they are just 30km from my house.

Hi

I send couple times already email to Krypton Fabrication in last 2 months to buy that sfd kit.They never reply so i decided to make my own.Just need to find correct measurements.And actually they are just 30km from my house.

Good reason for that; they stopped making that kit at least a year ago. Johann Peralta is the only one I know of who still makes them.