Snowboarder12345's Build

I jinxed it! Went to fire it up before I left this past the weekend and it would crank and fire up fine but wouldn't stay running for more than 5 seconds or so. My guess is a critical sensor problem but I won't be able to find out until my shift is over.

npevxUAh.jpg

lWYB6BZh.jpg

She's staying put until then.

• Like 2

Your rig looks fantastic man... except for those "fender flares" :lol:

smh at silly Canadian flare laws lol

Thanks Micah! Yeah definitely a function over form thing with those, they are there purely to keep me free of tickets. At least I'm not in BC or out east though haha, they have it way worse!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

So... I am not dead and fortunately neither is the pathfinder. Back in January my no run issue ended up being caused by the fuel return and feed lines being ass backwards in the tank hookup, and with a mostly empty tank it would run on fumes and then cut out. But in the process of trouble shooting I managed to screw up a few other things like my timing and my idle sensor so all in all it actually took quite a while to figure out and make right. But currently the engine runs like a champ. However, I am still having rear end noise issues at speed. Part of the problem ended up being my drive shaft length. At ride height the shaft was fully pinched between the diff and the transfer case, resulting in transmission noise as well as differential noise. I caught that in time to avoid damage fortunately. And now after another drive tonight I have a feeling that the noise I am hearing is coming from my rear brake drums rubbing on the sheet metal guard that wraps around the backside. If this is the case I should have it sorted out soon. On my test drive tonight I also managed to displace a coil spring while flex testing through some V-ditches and getting the wheels flexed out in the air, but that should be a minor fix. Long term I think I want to look at coil overs, or land Rover springs but we'll see about that. No pictures due to my phone camera being broken unfortunately.

Part of the reason this has all taken so long is that I've been super busy with work, and I've taken on several more important projects since January that have all just made the time fly by. Speaking of, say hello to Swamp Thing... WE3ES9Xh.jpg

Not gonna spam the crap out of it on a Nissan forum but it'll probably pop up here or there when I finally get out and start having fun in the Pathfinder ?

• Like 5

Love them old Ford's! Looks like a late-60's or very early-70's!! Unfortunately I only see 2 or 3, very occasionally, around here. Sorry Nissan nuts, I am an old Ford boy at heart. The 2 trucks I truly regret selling are my 78 F250 hi-boy (35x12.50's with stock suspension and no cutting) and my prized 79 Bronco (big block conversion, big axles, big lift & 42's). God I miss the good ol days, but they all brought me to now, wouldn't trade my kids for any of it. Great memories though!

P.S. - post a few more of Swamp Thing! It'll be ok! I promise!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, it looks like I pushed my rear axle back too far. After some driving and testing and flex testing the suspension out in the field so to speak, I now know this for a fact. The spring perches on the unibody are too far forwards compared to the axle to allow the coil spring to compress properly and safely. Under more than half flex the coil springs start to bind up on the mounts themselves and shift around and compress weirdly. Approaching obstacles like steep ditches and the like head on is fine, but trying to crawl though things at an angle gets sketchy. When I parked on top of a ditch and hopped out to look at what was going on a couple of days ago I was truly scared I was going to explode a coil spring. So, I think I'm going to have to move the unibody spring mounts backwards. I toyed with the idea of converting to coilovers, but I've ruled that out due to cost. I could also have the driveshaft shortened, but I really don't want to pay to have my driveshaft modified again. I have seen that people are happy with the land rover coils so far, so I am considering doing that conversion at the same time just to get rid of my chopped jeep springs but we'll see about that. Hopefully I can get on this soonish depending on work and weather.

In much more interesting news, I picked up 2 Chevy 10 bolt axles out of an old suburban a few weeks ago for a steal. They need some TLC for sure, and the front axle will need to have the diff flipped to the drivers side etc etc... Not saying it will happen soon at all but I think I've started collecting parts for an SAS. :) I probably will not use the rear axle but I couldn't take one without the other, and you never know.

And Swamp Thing broke... it needs a bunch of welding repairs but the mud season is done so that's low priority atm.

• Like 4