Help me out pls! I need a owners opinion where to start?

Nissman

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum but it looks like the place to be. I'm have a little trouble with my 2002 Ti Pathfinder Vg33e engine.

About a month ago I started stalling at the light but randomly ever now and then,

This is what I have done in order of this list .

Oil Change new filter and 15w40 oil . Weather is 25c to 35c in summer now

Air filter

Fuel filter

Change Bosch platinum plugs

Brand new leads

-

I've also taken it to three machanics and first one cleaned my air flow and next cleaned airflow and Map sensor. The next one blocked my Egr valve off with ball bearing in the air tube . And had it for a week then he said it came up with it saying a code about the distributor inside so I replaced with a second hand one and now I'm still stalling at random times !

I've had this engine for three years and it didn't seem wright from the start plus I've had my Pathfinder for 10 or more and it's my baby I try to keep it in good nick ;)

please help a Pathfinder owner out !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can replace parts (known to be failing) most times unless they require special tools, lifts, etc. and I like to perform maintenance (lube, filters, hoses, etc) when I can because I'm more careful than the average mechanic in my opinion and from experience. A qualified mechanic should be able to hook up your Pathfinder and diagnose the problem(s). Then you can maybe "do it yourself" or have them. My advice would be seek advice from your neighbors, friends, family, about which shop in town is honest, fair, and knows Japanese autos. If your not able or going to work on it yourself then stick with the same shop. Let them sort it out and do the work. ...If you haven't, have them do the regular scheduled maintenance using quality fluids, filters, flushes, etc. also. This is my best advice.

Good luck and hope it's a well done long term fix. :crossedwires:

• Like 1

I'm not as familiar with the R50s but I'd take a look at the throttle position sensor. If the ECU doesn't know the throttle's closed, it doesn't know it needs to control the idle. I'd have a look at the throttle body while you're at it; the TB on my '95 was filthy inside and cleaning it out seemed to wake the motor up a little.

The ball bearing in the EGR won't help anything unless the EGR valve is stuck open.

I can replace parts (known to be failing) most times unless they require special tools, lifts, etc. and I like to perform maintenance (lube, filters, hoses, etc) when I can because I'm more careful than the average mechanic in my opinion and from experience. A qualified mechanic should be able to hook up your Pathfinder and diagnose the problem(s). Then you can maybe "do it yourself" or have them. My advice would be seek advice from your neighbors, friends, family, about which shop in town is honest, fair, and knows Japanese autos. If your not able or going to work on it yourself then stick with the same shop. Let them sort it out and do the work. ...If you haven't, have them do the regular scheduled maintenance using quality fluids, filters, flushes, etc. also. This is my best advice.

Good luck and hope it's a well done long term fix. :crossedwires:

Thanks for your reply , I usually get my car serviced at the same place but they kept saying there is nothing wrong with it . He had it two days I Drive it one day and it dies on me lol . He a great mechanic but when I say there is something wrong I don't lie lol Your advice of taking it to another mechanic I will be looking for a closer mechanic but I will mainly do it myself. Just cause the price for the services and parts are to expensive when a weekend or two on the car is a good project ;)

• Like 1

I'm not as familiar with the R50s but I'd take a look at the throttle position sensor. If the ECU doesn't know the throttle's closed, it doesn't know it needs to control the idle. I'd have a look at the throttle body while you're at it; the TB on my '95 was filthy inside and cleaning it out seemed to wake the motor up a little.

The ball bearing in the EGR won't help anything unless the EGR valve is stuck open.

Cool thanks about the info on the EGR I'm not sure if I keep the bearing in or out the valve work he said leave it in .

ok as for the car guys first he said distributor so I did replace it with a second hand one ! but then I was blowing black smoke when starting up and stalling while driving or at the lights every now and then -----

And it came down to the Map Sensor ---

If in doubt guys second hand map sensor is not much!! change that first up yeeeeww back on the road :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...