L.E.D Lightning

Mrelcocko

Install LED lights throughout the interior of my 98 Pathy XE. The cluster and switches. Added dumby switches for my enjoyment. Almost every switch lights up and most of the time they burn out on their own and I think it's caused by the little rubber thing they put over it to change the color that the bulb puts out. Any questions on how to do any of these things don't hesitate to ask I can definitely show you step by step on how to do it.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

I also installed a dual USB charging port and Light Bar. Along with adding wood grain throughout plus upgrading steering wheel

6479ddbc5e550e8dd5d2f751fa5be0c4.jpg

My 98 XE with door panels off a 2001. Easy upgrades. Also when changing panels you have to change window and lock switches plus wiring depending on what model your upgrading.

the steering wheel takes a special bit to get the airbag out its a torque bit. Don't remember exactly what size but you can look in the FSM manuals and find out. You have to be careful when removing the airbag if you don't know how to do it don't, take it to someone that does. I got the steering wheel out of a 99 maxima. You have to make sure the holes line up behind the airbag in order for it to work you will see what I'm talking about if you ever take it apart. Also the cruise control buttons the way they mount on sometimes don't work right either you have to make sure all that is right. I found the steering wheel I wanted but when I went to put it on the cruise control wires didn't match up. The amount of wires can be different.

a053d5df3e28f8cf17dd59f8bd2cc2ce.jpg

Finally got my fog light switches. Of course my Pathfinder XE did not come with fog lights from the factory but the wiring was already there so all I done was hooked up my fog lights to the wiring stuck a relay in and changed the switch on the column and Wallah. So easy! I'm going to use these 2 switches for my light bar and reverse lights.

• Like 2

Also I forgot to mention some switches have two lights built in and some just one. Your cruise control switch has 2. One for the switch itself and the other for indication. Rear wiper switch just 1.

sent by MrCox in Lenoir City, TN

What bulbs did you use? A lot of mine are burnt out. I know they are tiny and twist in, but I don't know what they are called or where to find them. I could do some research, but I'm lazy. haha

What bulbs did you use? A lot of mine are burnt out. I know they are tiny and twist in, but I don't know what they are called or where to find them. I could do some research, but I'm lazy. haha

I used Hercoo white L.E.D T5 10 pack includes twist in bases

Ordered off Amazon 12$ Great deal and very bright. The bulb that's inside your security indicator is a red L.E.D I got some used security tabs at a junkyard they work really well. Of course you have to take them apart to get the red ones,but it's worth it. My cruise control switch I'm using one in it. Using one of the white Hercoo L.E.D bulbs in my rear wiper switch as well. You'll have to manipulate the bulbs to get them to fit in the switches.

55fd300043c4a4fa9866e4b0febc36c0.jpg

099c67054bc67cba3d986d86ed0f55e7.jpg

• Like 1

The bases are twist in for the guage cluster and climate control all the switches you can forget about using the bases you have to manipulate the bulb by taking the base off the bulb

• Like 1

It really updates the look of the gauges to being more 21st century doesn't it. I remember my guages being this dull green and at night it was even difficult to see how fast I was going or what fuel I had left. Now night driving is a pleasure. Ebay is a great source for all different types of leds. The T10 and T5 are the ones you want and the more leds on each bulb the better. 360 degree ones are best. I needed 6 T10 for the dash and then about 17 T5 for all the little warning lamps. One T10 fits in behind the climate display on my 91.

• Like 2

I used Hercoo white L.E.D T5 10 pack includes twist in bases

Ordered off Amazon 12$ Great deal and very bright. The bulb that's inside your security indicator is a red L.E.D I got some used security tabs at a junkyard they work really well. Of course you have to take them apart to get the red ones,but it's worth it. My cruise control switch I'm using one in it. Using one of the white Hercoo L.E.D bulbs in my rear wiper switch as well. You'll have to manipulate the bulbs to get them to fit in the switches.

Awesome, thanks!!!

It really updates the look of the gauges to being more 21st century doesn't it. I remember my guages being this dull green and at night it was even difficult to see how fast I was going or what fuel I had left. Now night driving is a pleasure. Ebay is a great source for all different types of leds. The T10 and T5 are the ones you want and the more leds on each bulb the better. 360 degree ones are best. I needed 6 T10 for the dash and then about 17 T5 for all the little warning lamps. One T10 fits in behind the climate display on my 91.

I love the way my interior looks. The L.E.D's are the shizzznit!

• 1 month later...