After market skid plate

r50chilkoot

I have a 1998 r50 and I am looking to upgrade the skid plate. The stock stock skid plate just isn't cutting it for me and I was wondering if anyone has gone so far as to replace it. If anyone has, do they know ​where I can buy one? If not has anyone made one before? And if they have, how'd you do it? The more information the better.

If the search function was easier to use I'd say just do a search but your literally better off to google it then let google take you back to an NPORA thread.

There have been several makers of them over the years, actually a guy just had a full set of them in parts for sale.

Fleury sells them I believe. I think he even has a missing link and skid plate combo in the works.

On the other hand making a missing link and skid plate was easier for me than it was to work the hours to pay for prefab ones.

• Like 1

If the search function was easier to use I'd say just do a search but your literally better off to google it then let google take you back to an NPORA thread.

There have been several makers of them over the years, actually a guy just had a full set of them in parts for sale.

Fleury sells them I believe. I think he even has a missing link and skid plate combo in the works.

On the other hand making a missing link and skid plate was easier for me than it was to work the hours to pay for prefab ones.

Thanks for the help. I'll look around.

check these guys out. keep in mind they are in the US and our $ sucks right now. I have their front skid plate. what can I say about it...its a hunk of steel, all the bolt holes lined up. it is a PITA to take off to get to the oil filter....it keeps rocks and stumps out from bashing my steering rack and lower engine parts.

http://www.4x4parts.com/c-1048936-armor-skid-plates-4x4parts-skid-plates-pathfinder.html

• Like 1

ah crap! forgot about our friend Fleury's. sorry mate. I'm running his lift kit. top notch stuff. when I got my front skid he wasn't making them at the time. can't wait until he starts making sliders and bumpers! ;)

Mid skidplate, crosslink and rear skidplate will be for sale before christmas.... The mockups are all done i will have the first set finished in about a week...

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 2