Tire choices for original wheels? 1992 SE Advice? Thanks.

92SEPathFindr

Thanks for the feedback guys. My spare(s) saved from the rear wheels will do for now in a pinch yet they are tired and weaker than the four I just purchased. I still like the idea of a fifth tire and plan to get one before the first rotation which the tire shop said should be in 4-5K miles. These new tires are a step or two up in toughness from what I was running and I really like them and the way they behave on the streets. Haven't been off-road in them yet but it will be nice. The four tires out the door, swapping out my old spare with one of the "new" ones, and an alignment job was $625.00 total. Take care all. :FartExplode-vi:

Those look great...Might get a set for my Xterra.

Thanks, they are great and nice on the highway. No noticeable humming. If price wasn't a concern, I would have went with 1st) Goodyear Duratrac with Kevlar and 2nd) BFG TKO. Still these are great. I'll will report here any problems I find. Best wishes!

My brother has those on his '87 and on his '01 X, he likes them a lot. They do well in the snow too. Been on my list for a while, Probably going to be my next purchase.

Good to know. Hankook also has a MT (Mud Tire) which I was looking at but I think they would have been overkill and noisy on the highways. These seem very appropriate for my needs which includes a lot of off road travels. Thanks for the feedback and take care.. :friday:

Yeah if you're not wheeling it all the time or it is a daily driver, no point in MT tires. I am picking up some KM2s tomorrow to replace the duratracs I hate.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update on the tires... On the way out, creosote root through the sidewall... Road Hazard replaced the tire after I paid $40 for mounting/balance and reinstate the Road Hazard.

jKBmu9m.jpg

Edited by 92SEPathFindr