Thinking about installing limb risers

r50chilkoot

I am looking to put limb risers on my r50 pathfinder and was wondering if there is anyone out here who has done it? If there is do you have any sugestions on how to do it? Also I want to see what it looks like before I commit. Let me know if you guys have any information.

qqzrk4.jpg

This is the veichle I am looking to instal them on.

The hoods on our trucks stick up a lot higher than a jeeps... Thank you Nissans oddly shaped engines and are loads longer... Thanks again Nissan.

I think they would be less effective than on something say a Sami, Jeep or the like.

I like the looks and they undeniably help on short nosed vehicles... But they would need to stick out awkwardly to clear a Pathy hood and I don't think it would look right.

Just my opinion, I'd mock up a set with just rope and some antenna magnets and see what your final decision is.

Edited by LittleFR
  • Like 1

The hoods on our trucks stick up a lot higher than a jeeps... Thank you Nissans oddly shaped engines and are loads longer... Thanks again Nissan.

I think they would be less effective than on something say a Sami, Jeep or the like.

I like the looks and they undeniably help on short nosed vehicles... But they would need to stick out awkwardly to clear a Pathy hood and I don't think it would look right.

Just my opinion, I'd mock up a set with just rope and some antenna magnets and see what your final decision is.

I'll have to do that. What I was thinking I would do is mount a plate on the inside of the fender that sticks out above the hood and slightly bend outwards and then another mounted to the door frame at the top of the window and then mount the limb riser cable to that.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So, any updates on this? I'm seriously considering it due to the occasionally overgrown nature of Michigan trails. I'd hate to damage a windshield. I'm thinking of running it from my roofrack to either the fender or my bumper. Problem with the bumper is that it doesn't stick up high enough and a bracket would look funny, but with the fender I could potentially damage it pushing a larger branch.

• Like 1

As I didn't actually know what "limb risers" were, I asked Lord Goggle and he showed me pictures of them-lol. I also saw a pic of some Smittybuilt brackets that I would imagine attach to the forward end of the fenders. Maybe that would be something fairly simple to fab. MJO, your diy front bumper could be added onto to give you a more forward point to mount them to...just sayin

• Like 2

• 2 months later...