After Market Bumpers

rc_cola_j

I have been thinking about after market front and rear bumpers lately. I was hoping people could post photos of their after market bumpers....home made or not, steel or aluminum. I just want to get a sense of designs and ideas.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

a5350cec8117b7b2844791d9713382aa.jpga66235e026b64a2c94049659c54954d3.jpg

These are from other members here on the forums that I saved to my phone a long time ago so credit goes to them but I'll be using these as inspiration for my front bumper build when I get everything sorted out.

Sent from inside my potato

• Like 1

Where do you attach the bumpers to the chassis. Is it only under the bumper on the cross member, or do you also go through the grill past the radiator and pick up those two little brackets. They seem a waste of time to me.

I am also wanting to do something more fitting my truck.

068f33a1dc1001c8cfac5fbc175c914d.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

People still tie into where the factory bumper would bolt up but the main holding point is where the tow hooks bolt to on the front of the frame.

It'd be a good idea to use both locations to support your bumper so lateral forces are kept down so things don't bend or break off.

a5350cec8117b7b2844791d9713382aa.jpga66235e026b64a2c94049659c54954d3.jpg

These are from other members here on the forums that I saved to my phone a long time ago so credit goes to them but I'll be using these as inspiration for my front bumper build when I get everything sorted out.

Do you have the links to the threads that these where originally posted in?

I can for sure find the one with the bumper on the blanket, but the red one I found on Google and it was a random find.

Edited by RCWD21

People still tie into where the factory bumper would bolt up but the main holding point is where the tow hooks bolt to on the front of the frame.

It'd be a good idea to use both locations to support your bumper so lateral forces are kept down so things don't bend or break off.

My D21 is slightly modified in that region to take the shackle mounts for my SFA leaf pack.

Chassis extended forward by about 20 centimeters (8") with 1/2" flat stock 3" wide with a "C" channel crossmember 3"x 1"x 1/4" thick. Off that I have my shackle mounts and attachment points for my standard Nissan bullbar that had absolutely no issue lifting the 1,2ton front end with a hilift jack.

One day when I am brave enough to tackle a 3link setup, I will not need all that steel construction, but parts of it can stay for bumper and winch.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

It sounds plenty strong enough for your future bumper when you get around to the 3 link setup, I plan on adding a horizontal brace between the frame tubes up front for added support and also to anchor underbody plates to.