Dodge Ram or Nissan Titan?

mudfinder

hey guys, i'm getting ready to purchase a new vehicle. i want a pickup truck, either Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Larmie or Nissan Titan crew le 4x4. If i was to purchase a vehicle two months ago, it would of been ram, a week ago, a titan, now i leaning towards the ram again i don't know what i want get anymore. both are about the same price. i like exterior of the dodge and the interior of the Nissan, the Nissan has more buttons, i love buttons. i like em both, i'm also going to use them to haul my path around and a boat. so what are you opinions? oh yeah, i don't like chevy, i think GM products are Garbage Marterials. Ford, the interior is tooo plain. and anyone heard any negitives from any of the these vehicles. i hear all positives from dodge. and none on Nissan.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've test driven both, and the dodge has more balls when you punch it. dodge has more horses but the titan has more torque. so power wise, i beleive there the same.

Gee, I wonder what kind of response you'll expect to get on a Nissan board? :crazy: At least with the Nissan you'll be getting superior reliabilty, better power, better resale value, better engineering, better build quality, ad infinitum compared to the POS Dodge... :X

Curious, where do you "hear all positives from Dodge. and none on Nissan."? Dodge maybe? :confused:

You're kind of contradicting yourself there, muddy. You can't have more torque but less "balls". It just doesn't work that way ~ HP means nothing without torque, and torque is balls...

Edited by hardwaretoad

Depends on whether or not you get the Dodge with the HEMI or not... if you do, then you're looking at 40 HP over the Titan, but if you don't, then the Titan has 70 HP, along with 80 lbs-ft. of torque... even with the HEMI, the Titan still wins torque-wise.

i was excecpting an ignorant comment like:

Gee, I wonder what kind of response you'll expect to get on a Nissan board? crazy.gif
i know that this is Nissan board, i just want other peoples opinion. there are people who probably don't like the titan here and like other trucks. a buddy of mine who is also a big Nissan fan calls the titan a female truck because it's feminim. All my friends and family are encourging me to buy the dodge even though most of them drive nissans and infinitis. I don't know any titan owners personnaly that's why i'm asking, dodge, i know a quite a few. that's why i stated that i've heard good comments about the dodge and non about the titan. you guys have been a great deal of help to me, that's why i'm comming here.

I'd go for the Titan unless you don't plan on having it over 50-75,000 miles anyway. How do you normaly drive? A Dodge may have more punch new, but lets see how much punch it has at 100,000 with someone like me at the wheel... I dought I'd be spinning the tires a lot, but I'd be dogging on it a little, that's what makes driving fun.

I'm 100% behind American motors as long as you're a lease kinda person... You get the first 20,000 with no problems then trade it in on the new flavor every other year. You always have the "new" ride but never quite own the thing.

I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you choose, they're both nice trucks.

i'm getting an everyday driver( V-8 14- 19 mpg :D ) i know for a fact that dodge has awesome handling and the cool thing the ram has all wheel drive, where the titan doesn't. im going with the dodge looks like.

post-1-1111280971.jpg

I'm not as a rule a phlegmatic type, but you got to me this time. Something tells me you wouldn't know ignorance if it fell out of the sky and stuck to your microencephelic head. Ignorance is your "buddy" calling the Titan "feminine". Ignorance is agreeing with him, as you have decided on a rig that is more suitable to your overdeveloped sense of machisimo rather than any sense of pragmatism. Ignorance is saying a rig like the Dodge (or virtually most any truck for that matter) has "awsome handling". Ignorance is letting someone else (that own neither) essentially decide for you what you're going to buy. Ignorance is thinking that taking a rig for a test drive and "punching it" is a realistic expectation as to how it'll be on a day to day basis for the next several years. Ignorance is thinking you'll get anywhere near 19 mpg with it. If you'd like more examples let me know, I'd be happy to oblige you. How's that for an opinion?

Have you ever bothered to ask a Titan owner what they thought of their rigs? Are they nonexistant where you live? Have you tried going to other Nissan boards and perusing their respective Titan posts to see what real owners live with? Would you be surprised that they're more than likely as passionate about their rig as the Ram owner is about his? They'd more than likely talk your ear off extolling their virtues if you ever bothered to ask one. All it would take is spotting one and asking it's driver.

I've got an idea ~ buy a used Dodge and use the extra money to go back to school. Invest in a class or two that'll teach you not only how to spell, but use correct punctuation & capitalization, too. You might try a physics class while you're at it. You can learn about torque and neato things like that.

Then again, they say ignorance is bliss... -thnkboutit-

now now no need to bash the poor guy, hes just askin for a neutral opion not a personal attack.

as for the trucks, id have a hard time choosing too.

im a Nissan guy but ive grownup around dodges. i love their trucks, we have had 3 with little to no problems, one dodge van with a crapped tranny, but that was a really beat down used/abused van with 175k miles. i think the ram is a good truck, my pops has a 2002 ram, and its running like a champ after 4 endurance runs to mexico and back with an average running time of 20+ hours non stop. i love the styling, the flow of the lines, it looks quite aggressive especialy the Ram SRT-10.

the titan is a more docile look. although the stadard power accompaning it is impressive for their first full size, the quality assosiated with the truck is always a plus.

both trucks has great interior styling, comfortable seats and nice controls.

pleanty of room in both but i believe there is more in the rear seating of Titan.

my boss owns a titan crew cab that he races every where, pedal to the metal all the time. he races my other bosses gmc sierra regular cab short bed truck with the biggest enging availible for that truck. i think the 5300 engine with 310 hp and like 335 torqe, the titan used to beat him all the time depending on drivers reaction and other variables. but now since they reprogramed the sierra it beats the titan. still the titan a ton of get-go in such a big truck.

its up to you mudfinder, if your comparing specs of the Hemi Dodge and the Titan are comparable but if your comparing reliability and quality then id have to go Titan, even tho the truck is new and it still has time to have problems discovered and fixed, the hemi has been out for a while and has had time to work out problems and make revisions.

i like both trucks and would have a hell of a time deciding what to get. in fact my pops is thinkin about trading his truck in for a either a Hemi or a Titan. you could always flip a coin a couple dozen times, till you figure out what you like.

Without true first hand knowledge or having done alot of homework, I would lean towards the Nissan. I had a buddy with a Ram 4x4 x-cab, and while is was a nice truck, I wasn't overly impressed. I have spoken to several Titan owners, and they are all VERY pleased with their trucks. Each mentioned long lists of plusses, and if I remember correctly, superior warranty. The Titan seems better engineered from what I have seen, and things like the built in locking compartments in the rear quarter pannels show much attention to detail and functionality. While it of course comes down to your personal tastes with styling, etc I believe that the Titan is a better value and I suspect would last longer under identical use conditions. Just my .02...

Bernard

Both are awesome rigs, but like anything else it comes down to prefrence. i presonally like the look of the dodge alot more than the titan. i am also having a hard time deciding what truck im going to get next. for me its a toss up between the Titan, or the frontier. i also have not ruled out the desire to get a car like a BMW or something fast. its so hard to decide.

hey hardware, what's your problem man, i just wanted people's opinion. i have more education than you'll ever have. you must of recieve an "a" in your speech/debate class and a "f" in your people skills class. i've done my research on both trucks and both trucks are great. it's not an easy choice you know. i don't know if you ever had to choose between vehicles when it came to a new vehicle that you were going to buy. i don't know if i menchined it but, i like the way the ram looks, i'm not that impressed with how the titan looks, i don't like the interior of the ram, i love the interior of the titan. not an easy choice bud. Nissan's aren't the only vehicles on planet earth. i think i'll get the dodge just for your sake. here's an advice: stay out of the sun, it's not good for you. :aok:

Edited by mudfinder

Turned into education wars now eh? =D If you're gonna choose your new truck just to spite someone, then the decision must be pretty easy. :D Anyways, I would still go with the Titan as I've heard good things about it across the board. I would go to the Dodge dealership and ask them what they think about the Titan, and ask the Nissan people what they think about the Ram, just for kicks. :D

i have more education than you'll ever have

menchined

:rolleyes:

Back on subject, the 4 wheel drive mags have been raving about the Titan since it came out (didn't it receive the Truck of the year award?). However, the Ram is also a solid rig. Have you thought about the power wagon ram (or whatever variant they call it)? F/R lockers, 12K lb winch, 33's, etc. In that matchup, I think I'd have to take the Dodge. I don't beleive either would be a bad choice, but if you go Dodge, we'll have to heckle you and call you a traitor :D

Edited by big_johnson

u know i already asked them that, the dodge dealer said, hemi? or endurance? he kept repeating himself. and the Nissan dealer said, "dodge is a nice truck, but the rear back cab(crewcab) is bigger than the dodge", which i strongly agree. i'll just get them both so i don't end up saying "i should of bought the dodge, or i should bought the Nissan" we'll see gives me a better deal.

the power wagon is nice, i don't need another offroad rig, i already have the path. and plus it's 45,000+. i want IFS in the front for better handling. oh yeah, wasn't the titan 4x4 of the year in some 4wheel mag? i know the power wagon was 4x4 of the year recently. they're both striaght out nice rigs. that's why it's tuff.

Edited by mudfinder

what ever the choice i just hope you dont fathom anything like this....

8.jpg

well he wouldnt be a traitor cause he would still have the tried and true pathy to use.

you could always just get a get a SRT-10, has more balls per say then all of them. 525 Torque and 500 ponies ready to gallop!

SRT10-Web-15.jpg

ram_srt-10_7.jpg

So sorry, mudfinder. You originally asked for opinions, you didn't say you wanted opinions reinforcing your's. When I gave you one, you proceeded to say I was ignorant ~ or at least that my tongue-in-cheek comment was. I didn't have a "problem" until then. If you'd rather not hear opposing viewpoints, it's very simple ~ DON'T ASK FOR THEM.

The choice is your's, of course. You want a Dodge, go buy one, no sweat off of my balls. In my rebuttal I simply used your own comments as to your deciding factors for your "Dodge wins" predication. It was my choice to label them as ignorant. Quid pro quo.

BTW, you made it painfully obvious that you lose the education arguement. To paraphrase: "Better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool, than open it and dispel all rumors."

FIN

Man, i dont see why ppl need to bash this poor guys balls.

Personally if i was getting a dodge do as my dad did, get a used ram 2500 with the Cummins Turbo Diesel. I love that thing 150,000 miles and still like new. But I would treat you like a god if you got the SRT10. That is one hell of a rig(especially if you put the hennessy venom kit on it). I really dont think i will ever buy a NEW vehicle just for the fact that you will cut the resale in 1/2 as soon as you drive it off the lot. The Ram is tested and proven itself granted the Titan engineers did a good job on their first try the really need to rethink their styling. I like some of the features on the Titan but I would also have a helluva time choosing too.

My .02. Good luck

Well, I love the look of the Dodge and I like the look of the Titan a bit less. Reliabilty rating for the Titan may be rolling in now but like most Dodge/Chrysler vehicles, the reliability of the Doge (relatively speaking) SUCKS. If you lease or plan on keeping it for a couple of years, buy what looks better. They will both do the same hting well. If you buy to keep it for a long time, I'd lean towards the Titan. However, if the reliabilty edge doesn't matter (remember, in this case, the Titan's reliability isn't 100% proven), then go with the Dodge. Overall, the length of ownership would be the deciding factor for me- in this specific case.

Maybe you guys haven't seen this picture...Maybe you have...but after seeing it I can't but only shake my head about the comment from the Dodge guy saying the Titan was feminine... :rolleyes:

post-1-1111359369.jpg

Edited by DJ Dank

Guest qwerty778

Just wondering if you have ever considered a Toyota Tundra. I'm just throwing out another suggestion. Tundra's are probably more reliable than both the Dodge and the Nissan. The power they offer is a comromise between the non-Hemi Dodge and the Titan. Although Tundra's can get pretty pricey.