Alignment question

AKdraws

I have done just about everything i can to get the alignment right on my rig but i have run into an issue.

My driver side, upper control arm is completely shimmed to the max and the tire still has quite the camber. It also still scrubs the inside slightly. My question is, are there any longer bolts available for the upper control arms, to help push out the top more? Or is there another solution to this issue? and dont say sell it cuz that aint happening...

Torsion Bars are NOT maxed out but they have been re-indexed and are at the correct tension to make the rig sit even and drive straight (for the most part). Not stock arms, brand new with polyurethane bushings. Even new tie rods and and adjusters.

Where can i get these longer bolts?

Do you have stock arms still? Is your torsion bars cranked up for lift or stock height? Yes you can get get longer bolts if needed depending on above answers.

Torsion Bars are NOT maxed out but they have been re-indexed and are at the correct tension to make the rig sit even and drive straight (for the most part). Not stock arms, brand new with polyurethane bushings. Even new tie rods and and adjusters.

Where can i get these longer bolts?

Something is not right. Either the arms are built wrong or your frame is bent. You shouldn't need longer bolts even at stock height unless you have your thing maxed out.

I think they're M14x1.5. 50mm is stock I think do you would be good with 60-65mm

You'll need grade 10.9 and can be found at your local hardware store or fastenal.

Edited by Cuong Nguyen

Something is not right. Either the arms are built wrong or your frame is bent. You shouldn't need longer bolts even at stock height unless you have your thing maxed out.

I think they're M14x1.5. 50mm is stock I think do you would be good with 60-65mm

You'll need grade 10.9 and can be found at your local hardware store or fastenal.

I am most definitely sure that the frame is bent. Its salvaged title due to fron end crash (with a deer i think) but all i need to do is push the top of the control arm out a little bit more to get the tire to sit flat and STOP RUINING MY TIRES.

Do you have a link to a site? If not im going to shop around

Also, thank you for your input!

What control arms do you have? If they are the ones for the lift from 4x4parts or rough country, or superlift, then that is the problem. You can't use those with stock height.

I had to go with m14x1.5x60mm on mine so I could get good thread engagement with the amount of spacers it needed.

What control arms do you have? If they are the ones for the lift from 4x4parts or rough country, or superlift, then that is the problem. You can't use those with stock height.

I had to go with m14x1.5x60mm on mine so I could get good thread engagement with the amount of spacers it needed.

They're OEM reps off of Rockauto. Im not planning on lifting my rig.

Where did you order/pick the longer bolts at?

Sweet. That should fix it. Weird how it would need that many shims with no lift. I have 2 pathys and the stock one only has the OEM shims in there and the alignment is damn near perfect.

Sweet. That should fix it. Weird how it would need that many shims with no lift. I have 2 pathys and the stock one only has the OEM shims in there and the alignment is damn near p

Yea very strange but itll be fixed soon enough now. Then i can finally get some nicer wheels and tires and not worry about them dying in 6 months lol

• 1 month later...