rough idle & power loss when warm

SUPRDLUX

runs fine in the morning when the engine is cold but when it warms up, it runs like crap. replaced wires, plugs, cap and rotor about 5 months ago. the coil 10 minutes ago. checked the cap again too and didn't notice any cracks but there was some SLIGHT heat stress on a couple of the points. noticed a very small improvement but not by much at all. the only other thing I can think of is maybe the spark is still jumping even though they're fairly new or I need a new distributor...any input would be helpful.

runs fine in the morning when the engine is cold but when it warms up, it runs like crap. replaced wires, plugs, cap and rotor about 5 months ago. the coil 10 minutes ago. checked the cap again too and didn't notice any cracks but there was some SLIGHT heat stress on a couple of the points. noticed a very small improvement but not by much at all. the only other thing I can think of is maybe the spark is still jumping even though they're fairly new or I need a new distributor...any input would be helpful.

I have a similar issue. Try disconnecting and plugging the vacuum lines from the EGR. I did that and the problem went away. I'm leaving it disconnected until I can get in and replace or clean the EGR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So clean or replace the EGR....guess there's only one way to find out. If it isn't that, it's probably not a bad idea to replace it anyway when it comes to a 155k mile vehicle.

No vacuum hoses appear to be disconnected and dangling but I'm pretty sure that if it was a vacuum line, it would be happening all the time and not just when the engine warms up, no? And I'm getting the codes pulled tomorrow when it's nice and warm. In other forums, I've read that bad distributors can cause these exact things to happen when warm and my initial instinct told me that it was either the coil or the distributor and I haven't been wrong yet when it comes to instinctual diagnostics. If I am wrong, the only other thing I can think of is an injector or 2 have gone bad.

went to my mechanics shop and he didn't have a plug-in for my 94 to pull codes. I went ahead and got a Spectra distributor and threw that in anyway. It runs a lot better but I'm still losing a little bit of power when the engine fully warms up. I'm just thinking about buying a new O2 and temp sensor because it's easier to just throw money at it and hope that fixes everything. what about injectors? has anybody had issues with the factory ones? I just want ALL of my power back at ALL temperatures :(

Code 35? Knock sensor harness (Dorman 917-141) = $31 LABOR = $350-$400 :chairfall: FML. I guess this is a common occurrence on Pathfinders and Xterras. It's located under the intake manifold so I guess that's why I was quoted such a big number and why Pathfinder/ Xterra owners are relocating the sensors to the top of manifold. Time to nip it in the butt.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update for anybody who may be trying to resolve a similar problem: I had my mechanic relocate the knock sensor and and he also sorted some electrical snafu's. 2 injectors were crossed and some wiring was grimy. It ran good, no missing when warm and it was running a bit better overall. He also tested the TPS and said that this might be another problem as it was showing signs of taking a crap. He said he would change it out for $25 if I wanted to get a new one. (By the way, I had to find a reliable mechanic who is also alarmingly cheap as I am a single father with a full time job. Please don't judge)

So without hesitation, I ordered a new Beck/Arnley TPS and took it to him. ~$67 later, MY 'FINDER RUNS LIKE A VELVET BULL. Absolutely no missing, throttle is responsively smooth and what freaked my bean the most – the shifting in my auto was damn near unnoticeable shifting into 2nd and 3rd. Before, I'd have to make sure my coffee was at a safe level before I attempted to keep up with main street traffic. Definitely not the case anymore! I am running a tad rich in the cold mornings but I bought some Lucas fuel treatment (2 for $5) so I'll do a couple of cycles with that to see if helps. Now, I can finally begin to focus on cosmetics. I'm also thinking that if I can eat less, I can buy more pathy parts. Thank you all for your input as it is very much appreciated.

• Like 2