Purchased a WD21 2dr

I bought a 2dr WD21 manual 4x4 with a bad motor for cheap on craigslist. I know the 2dr are rare especially in California, I just did not want to see it go to a junk yard or be parted for parts. I just finished inspecting the suspension but i know its not stock can anyone point out what brand it is? I am currently in search of a donor for the motor and dash either a VG30E or VG33 what ever comes first. It has the factory VG30i which is going to the scrap yard. Any help will be appreciated.

19f223de-2736-43c4-9b26-94532eb63aa2_zps

20161002_171720_zpsgt9jynvo.jpg

20161002_171704_zps4wl86okc.jpg

Edited by 032484
  • Like 2

:welcome:

Always glad to see another 2-door being saved! And really jealous of the brush guard - I've been looking for one for 3 years.

(Sorry I can't help you with your suspension question...) :unsure:

Thanks for the input I wiped down the control arm and only found the word Racing. I am trying to figure out the brand to but new bushing I plan on redoing the entire suspension. Thanks again.

control%20arm_zps8fgn3enh.jpg[/url

Thanks Cuong for the info, now I am even more excited to get it back on the road. Only problem with going out of business is that I am going to have a hard time finding replacement bushings.

Thanks Cuong for the info, now I am even more excited to get it back on the road. Only problem with going out of business is that I am going to have a hard time finding replacement bushings.

Bushings are pretty generic. Most arms share the same size bushings. You could pull the arms off, get the measurements and cross reference them.

I was looking at that one also and have been following it for a while. Good job for sure. Yes I agree that looks like Jim Conner racing uca. He was based out of El Cajon and I used a lot of his stuff on my 80 L20 4x4. I also agree that the bushings should be pretty standard. The story I got one the truck was the t-belt broke and he sent me pics of the interior. If it was a se I would of bought it in a heart beat.

• Like 1

He told me his engine was overheating and after the water pump/timing belt install it wouldnt start anymore, either way I wanted a fuel injected VG30. I am looking at one on ebay that is local to me. I got a great deal he wasn't asking for much I offered less. Fortunately for me I was only 45min away.

Edited by 032484

You could have the heads rebuilt of course but unkown on the lower end. That is the problem with getting a used engine even with a warranty doing it twice sucks

Good news bought a donor pathfinder. It was in a small fender bender but still runs. Everything works on it even the A/C has 170K miles and new tires with receipt. I will post pictures, at the moment photobucket is not loading up.