yes....another tire question

Wood

Got the truck, love it! Now for tires. Haven't decided on brand/model but going with an LT all-terrain type and not sure which size to go with. Options are LT245/75/16, LT255/70/16 or LT265/70/16. Would like to go as big as possible without sacrificing too much fuel mileage and don't want any clearance issues. Can't seem to get a straight answer. Thanks.

Hi there, on my 02 I put on Hankook Dynamic RF04 LT245/75R16. I work in the woods (in forestry) and need a tough, all purpose tire. These are a 5 ply (10 ply rating) tire with a fairly soft tread, good on winter snow/ice and on summer gravel. Not good in sticky mud :sniff: . This is the biggest size that will fit with out mods, it is the front that has the clearance problems. Stock was P245/70R16, so not a lot of choice for tire up-sizing. Hope this help, good luck.

Stock tire size on a 2001 SE pathy is a 255/65/16. I plan on replacing my tires with a 255/70/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo. From what I've read and my understanding, 255/70/16 is the largest you can go on a stock 01 SE without any rubbing or other clearance issues.

Got the truck, love it! Now for tires. Haven't decided on brand/model but going with an LT all-terrain type and not sure which size to go with. Options are LT245/75/16, LT255/70/16 or LT265/70/16. Would like to go as big as possible without sacrificing too much fuel mileage and don't want any clearance issues. Can't seem to get a straight answer. Thanks.

well, 265/70R16's are equivalent to 31x10.5, which will fit, though with some minor rubbing. Those are the widest of the ones you listed, so they are the biggest overall tire you could go. Mileage might suffer a bit because of the larger footprint (which means greater friction b/t tires and ground), but it shouldn't be a huge difference. B)

My OE tires for my 2003 Pathy LE are 245/65-17 . Looking to get the Bridgestone A/T Revo's, but apparently they don't offer them in my size. Or at least don't display them on the Tirerack.com site as offered for my vehicle specs. Anything I can do to get those on? Or will they just not fit? By the way, I think my wheels are 17" inch if that helps.

Later, Joe

You could get 265/60R17's, if you wanted to keep the same overall diameter, or go with 265/65R17 if you wanted 31's. I'm not sure if tire rack has either of these exact sizes, but I'm sure they have something close that will fit ;)

I got a set of Rugged Trail BFG's in 245/75 16's and the right front rubs the plastic inside the fender at full turn, so I also have a 2" lift going on to fix that, hehehe what an excuse for a lift :rolleyes:

Anyway they work fine, a little narrower than stock but they do great for me, a little squirelly at high speeds in the rain if you hit a puddle other than that I dont see why they have gotten crappy reviews on the tire sites.

L8R

Name one AT tire that does well in all conditions, at 75 mph hit a decent puddle and see what happens. I have had the same thing from the last 3 types of AT tires I have had on various vehicles. The only exception might be the Revo's I have heard good things about them...

I have the 31x10.50 15 REVO AT's on my 97 and have been very happy with them. They are a great all around tire and have gotten better on wet roads as they age, something to do with a dual coumpound design. I will defienetly buy then again. :laugh: