Oil pressure/temp/voltage guages.

Was wondering if anyone has installed any of these monitoring systems for their 3.5. Not a huge fan of mechanical style oil pressure however.

Are there any ob2 plug in style that could acess these readings, or do our trucks even have these sensors running. Surely voltage is there though.

Thanks

Obd2 ports have only been mandated since 1996. I have a ScanGauge II on my 2001, and it works great. No other power connection. Turns on and off with the truck. I can see all reported sensor values and after entering a calibration value and tank size, it is extremely accurate for mpg and miles to empty. Two drawbacks are it's kinda old-school and bulky, and you have to confirm each tank fill up.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You are pretty sure to find oil pressure, temp and voltage. Here are the live values available through OBD2.

http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/43/6/reading-performance-information-data-pid

Note that some of these values are dependent on vehicle options and whether your scan tool supports them.

ECT (engine coolant temp) and voltage are displayed by the Scan-Gauge II via the OBD2 port. Oil pressure is not reported via the Pathfinder's OBD2 and is therefore not displayed on SGII. Unfortunately, neither is AT temp.

The SGII is a very useful device. I have one installed in my Pathy and in my Sequoia. I use it primarily to track my fuel economy and remaining distance before the fuel tank is empty, but it also helps monitor voltage, coolant temp, timing, engine load, and others. It also reads and resets OBD2 codes.

• Like 1