engine swap options R50 pathfinder qx4

harddownshift

i just love my 2002 R50 qx4. I just hit 280k miles on it. My motor just for no reason threw a rod bearing and locked up. It has a vq35 in it stock from the factory. I am on my 4th transmission re4r01a. They seem to be crap transmissions. I have herd some talk on the internet that a few different engine swaps that were not available in the USA. Dose anyone have any information on them? I herd a few people mention they have done a v8 swap or even a diesel swap in the R50. Any information would be great. I would also love to know what modifications are necessary and will it bolt to stock transmission.

4th trans? That blows my mind. Sounds like the TC was never cut and cleaned and the trans cooler wasn't flushed. I always replace or get a cut and clean on TC.

I don't know about the total engine swap but allegedly you can get one out of a 350z and do a computer swap.

its not odd for the vq35de to lock up out of no where. only the culprit could be is not having oil while you drive it around. vq35de are notorious losing oil. could be the oil is getting sucked from the pcv back to the intake manifold or having the power screws fell to the combustion chamber causing internal damage. look it up.